Cut and paste

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Recently, I attempted (first time) to cut and paste a picture from a website into a thread in AppleInsider. It wouldn't work. Any suggestions?

How do you insert a link into a post?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    jrollerjroller Posts: 80member
    In the reply box, for example, there is the icon of the world with a link under it. Use it to insert links. Use the icon to its right (yellow with mountains) to insert a photo that is already stored somewhere on the web.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jroller View Post

In the reply box, for example, there is the icon of the world with a link under it. Use it to insert links. Use the icon to its right (yellow with mountains) to insert a photo that is already stored somewhere on the web.

Thanks, jroller
  • Reply 3 of 9
    hardeeharharhardeeharhar Posts: 4,841member
    Hey jroller,

I grew up in Charleston, SC (Mt. Pleasant really)...

-hardeeharhar
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Well... hardeeharhar! ;-)

Actually, Mt. Pleasant is where I live, just figured Charleston gave the world more of a clue as to my location.

My mother-in-law asked me years ago: IF you could live anywhere, where would you choose? The answer today remains what it was then: Charleston. No place (for me) like it.

It would have to be on the US coast and the entire Pacific is useless (beautiful, but useless). If the water doesn't get into the 80's, it's not for me. I suppose I could be convinced to live further south, but I like a semblance of seasons (with less winter and more summer). So, Charleston, a beautiful city with great restaurants, a love for the arts, and a charm like no other will be home as long as I am able to choose.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    ptrashptrash Posts: 296member
    What about inserting something that isn't on the web? Like an image file on a hard drive?
  • Reply 6 of 9
    The mod for the board would have to weigh in, but in my experience the image has to be stored somewhere that is accessible on the internet 24/7. You could even put the image on your iDisk if you have .Mac and point it to that, but it has to be somewhere online to begin with.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    See post # 30 here: http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?t=75632

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jroller View Post

The mod for the board would have to weigh in, but in my experience the image has to be stored somewhere that is accessible on the internet 24/7. You could even put the image on your iDisk if you have .Mac and point it to that, but it has to be somewhere online to begin with.

• Reply 8 of 9
    tycoonjotycoonjo Posts: 10member
    thats easy!!

In the reply box there is the icon of the world with a link under it. click it and fill in the link.

Done!!
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Oh, so the image gets embedded in the forum post? In other words what I'm seeing is not residing on an AI server but on the originallly supplied server the link is to?

BTW, is that how Idisk works? You have a disk image file on your desktop (or wherever) but it's really just a link to Apple's .Mac servers? I ask because I think it's weird that the file info will give the file size as what's on the .Mac server, Can I assume that it really isn't consuiming that much disk space on my HD?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tycoonjo View Post

thats easy!!

In the reply box there is the icon of the world with a link under it. click it and fill in the link.

Done!!