iPhone Protection

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Hey, I am planning on getting an iPhone next friday and I was just wondering a couple of things.

1. Is there any good cases announced or that people can find online for the iPhone.

2. Has anyone used the invisible shield Does is blur the screen at all or make the screen less viewable because the whole thing is a screen so it has to be good.

3. Is there going to be an applecare plan avalable at launch? And also is there a price on it. Or will ATT offer some plan.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 19
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jbf13 View Post

Hey, I am planning on getting an iPhone next friday and I was just wondering a couple of things.

1. Is there any good cases announced or that people can find online for the iPhone.

2. Has anyone used the invisible shield Does is blur the screen at all or make the screen less viewable because the whole thing is a screen so it has to be good.

3. Is there going to be an applecare plan avalable at launch? And also is there a price on it. Or will ATT offer some plan.

http://www.iphonescases.com/

I think Apple is the only company that generates enough hype to have domain names/websites (that are not business sites) solely dedicated to cases for ONE of their products... and an unreleased one at that.
  • Reply 2 of 19
    bavlondon2bavlondon2 Posts: 694member
    Thanks for the link
  • Reply 3 of 19
    jbf13jbf13 Posts: 39member
    Can anyone answer my other questions?
  • Reply 4 of 19
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jbf13 View Post

Can anyone answer my other questions?

I'm betting all of your questions will be answered....

On Friday June 29th - Until then the answers you get will likely be nothing more than speculation and rumor...

Dave
  • Reply 5 of 19
    dam! that break really fooled me.
  • Reply 7 of 19
    I was under the impression that the iphone, like the Prada cannot function with a screen protecor on as it would interfere with the touch interface. But ive seen a few screen protectors now for the iphone here and there.

Thats very reassuring to know that it will accept such a thing and hopefully it wont lessen the accuracy of the interface when touching it.

A screen protector combined witha nice leather case would be perfect.
  • Reply 7 of 19
    Double post sorry i was getting cilck happy
  • Reply 9 of 19
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    Maybe they should call it the inQase
  • Reply 10 of 19
    suhailsuhail Posts: 192member
    try these cases

www.iQase.com
  • Reply 11 of 19
    They got the coolest skins and screen shields
  • Reply 12 of 19
    Which one do you think is the best on this site

I think the swift case looks good. Black or brown?
  • Reply 13 of 19
    Well the film screen protector will be a must but as far as cases go id go with either the skin or the side. Probably the side as it looks smarter. Ive had silicon cases in the past and although they look nice on the eyes they often have a rough feel to them.
  • Reply 14 of 19
    -df-df Posts: 136member
    You know, I'm pretty sure I won't be getting a case for my iPhone.

I've had an iskin case on my most recent iPod since day one, and while it has kept it absolutely pristine - no scratches or imperfections whatsoever - I've found it slightly obtrusive every time I use it. It makes it thicker and harder to slide in my pocket, plus there's an extra layer between me and the controls.

The iPhone is thin... really thin, and I'd like it to stay that way. Cases keep things nice, but I think I'll enjoy using it more if I just leave it alone.
  • Reply 15 of 19
    True what you said but how would you feel if it got scratched on the sides?
  • Reply 16 of 19
    -df-df Posts: 136member
    You know, thinking about it now, I've had my iPod for about a year and a half, it's time to upgrade and I've loved my time with it. It's in absolute perfect condition, but looking back now that's I'm basically done with it, I wouldn't care if it was all scratched up because I think I would have enjoyed it more while I was using it if I hadn't used a case.

Think about it, what was I saving it from scratches for? While I was using it, it was less functional and less beautiful, and now it's basically a pristine but obsolete iPod.
  • Reply 17 of 19
    squall58squall58 Posts: 29member
    ipone, a nice thing i will get it to also, any man know which fotmats do it support?

what about H.264?: or Mpeg4? if so, i can use mp4converter to rip it,no need other converter
  • Reply 18 of 19
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Squall58 View Post

ipone, a nice thing i will get it to also, any man know which fotmats do it support?

what about H.264?: or Mpeg4? if so, i can use mp4converter to rip it,no need other converter

that means you can save your money? iphone can support h.264, and mp4~ i sure it
  • Reply 19 of 19
    I actually have the invisible-shield for my Samsung. It's not a very good item, you'll have to spray water on the shield with a soap mixture, align your shield and squegee-out the solution!!

Crazy application proceedure and honestly, if you mess it up, you got to buy a new shield. It has an adhesive base, so it might leave behind some sort of residue.

Also the surface feels tacky, not very-good for touch-screens.

The one they have on iQase.com is much better, it is the silicon type which applies to the screen directly without adhesive, it is invisible, it's bubble-free, smooth, and they give you two shields.

Yeh I would not suggest the Invisible-shield for the iPhone.