iPod mini, wants to be wall-charged, but won't react.

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Howdy all,

ok,

so i updated my friend's mini and of course it wants to be plugged into a wall charger. No big deal, as I have one. But it doesn't recognise the wall-charger (and no, the wall-charger definitely isn't faulty).

the real downer is that the computer won't recognise it while the iPod requests to be wall-charged, so i can't restore it, or update it.

anyone got any ideas?

i know the battery on this mini is really pokey, and im thinking about replacing it, but i dont know if it will then recognise the wall-charger.

thanks for reading, i'll continue trawling the forums and the net for a solution, but in the meantime, if you can help, please speak up = )

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    spiers69spiers69 Posts: 418member
    ok, i've failed to find anything.

But ive thought of a better way to summarise the problem

My computer won't recognise the iPod until it has been wall-charged, and the iPod won't recognise the wall charger

Jeez, im in a bit of a pickle. The iPod is now in a state of the living dead, it can turn on, but it can't do anything. And it's not mine, it's a friend's (i borrowed it while my Shuffle was being serviced).

Im no iPod newbie, but this has me stumped!
  • Reply 2 of 3
    teedoff087teedoff087 Posts: 348member
    Try going through the steps recommended by Apple:

http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/five_rs/
  • Reply 3 of 3
    spiers69spiers69 Posts: 418member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teedoff087 View Post

Try going through the steps recommended by Apple:

http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/five_rs/

No, see you're forgetting that the computer doesn't recognise the iPod. The iPod wants to be wall-charged, but doesn't recognise the wall charger. So i can only perform the first R (restarting the iPod, which just brings up the Apple logo, and then the wall-charge icon).

I can't update, reformat or restore the iPod if the computer doesnt recognise it.

thanks for the suggestion though = )