Loss of volume from MacBook Pro speakers

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I recently went through the process of reinstalling Tiger from scratch, however I've experienced a loss of volume from my MacBook Pro speakers. The volume is so reduced that I can barely hear my system beep until the volume is at least a quarter max and even at half the maximum you'd have trouble hearing it from across the room. This is contrast to the very loud speakers I experienced with 10.4.10 (after they restored sound volume in 10.4.9) before the reinstall. What can I do?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    s.metcalfs.metcalf Posts: 972member
    ARGGHHH I want my system volume back!!!
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Well no one seems to be able to offer any help on my conundrum. My latest thoughts are this: The audio driver is the same as that from 10.4.3-10.4.8 but because I installed the 10.4.10 combined updater from 10.4.3, for some reason it's missing the audio fix that occurred in the 10.4.9 update? Seems unlikely but it's the only possible explanation I can think of as to why my audio is still so quiet. Does anyone know of where in Mac OS X the audio drivers are stored and if anyone has a MacBook Pro 17" with updated sound drivers can they let me know.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Well I was hoping the Intel audio update would fix my problem...no luck