New iPhone Video

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Will we be getting a new tutorial video each day leading up to the release? Learn to type on the new iPhone keyboard.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post

Will we be getting a new tutorial video each day leading up to the release? Learn to type on the new iPhone keyboard.

Heh. For all those Peons who have still not got a Mac or for frack's sake an iPod. Heh.

"This is how you use an Apple product..."

"Firstly, you can only have the features the Almighty Lord Chosen RDF Bringer Father Jobs has chosen for your pitiful existence...Get used to it, bitches..."
  • Reply 2 of 14
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Outsider View Post

Wow, I love the part about making the button zones for likely letter larger to improve accuracy. Very cool.

I think this will be the next biggest revolution in data entry on a PDA since Palm's special handwriting thing. Ah, Palm and Handspring... [before the Treo] ... my last PDA I ever used. Not counting the one week I had a Dell Axim and hated the damn bloody piece of rubbish that it was.
  • Reply 3 of 14
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Wow, I love the part about making the button zones for likely letters larger to improve accuracy. Very cool.
  • Reply 4 of 14
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    I still use a Palm (T|X). I had to install the special software to revert it back to Graffiti because Graffiti 2 was such a piece of crap and slowed me down.

This stuff on iPhone looks cool.
  • Reply 5 of 14
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    Any bets on tomorrow's "iPhone education tutorial"? I'd love to see something related to the camera since we've seen NOTHING on it at all.
  • Reply 6 of 14
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

Any bets on tomorrow's "iPhone education tutorial"? I'd love to see something related to the camera since we've seen NOTHING on it at all.

My guess: Ringtones.
  • Reply 7 of 14
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Safari.
  • Reply 8 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

My guess: Ringtones.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CosmoNut View Post

Safari.

We were teased with ringtones in the 25 minute video. And Safari had a demo at the announcement.....along with its own commercial.

But we've heard nothing about the camera except that it is 2MP. I mean, not a word since the announcement. What's the interface like for taking a picture? What do the pictures look like? DOES IT TAKE VIDEO??? (People seem to think it doesn't, did I miss something from Apple that said so?)

What I'm saying is that camera phones are all over the place now. I'd think Apple would want to show off what THEY can do with a camera phone.
  • Reply 9 of 14
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

We were teased with ringtones in the 25 minute video.

But it didn't say anything about using your own.

The camera is also a good possibility. BTW, here's a picture of the camera interface from Pogue's NYTimes review.

• Reply 10 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

But it didn't say anything about using your own.

The camera is also a good possibility. BTW, here's a picture of the camera interface from Pogue's NYTimes review.

Yeah some folks seem to be losing sleep over custom ringtones, meh.

That's a cool pic. Looks like the interface is a bit like Photo Booth. I haven't seen the video yet since my company blocks YouTube.
  • Reply 11 of 14
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:

That's a cool pic. Looks like the interface is a bit like Photo Booth. (

Indeed. I wouldn't be surprised to see future iterations of the iPhone get the photobooth effects options.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Huh, I hadn't really thought about it, but whatever else the camera on the iPhone will be, it will have one of the largest LCD preview screens of any camera out there.

I bet that alone makes a lot of people think of it as being "a good camera".
  • Reply 13 of 14
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    For what it's worth, there's a rumor (can't remember where I saw it) that the updated iTunes required to use the iPhone will include the ringtones tab, as well a a little app (with a "Garage Band type interface") for editing short clips from your existing iTunes library-- although, according to the rumor, this is somehow going to cost you 99¢ to do.

Good news, if true, although the surcharge for using your music as a ringtone sounds stupid. Is this how it works on other phones that let you do this? I'm assuming that it would be a music industry thing, and that there are licensing issues around ringtones?
  • Reply 14 of 14
    We didn't get one yesterday, but it looks like there's a new one today. Bottom of the page. It looks like its a miscellaneous bunch of "things people have been asking about so OK, OK, we'll show you how." It sounds like it was put together at the last minute in a studio. "Bob" shows up in voice over only.