Web

sscssc
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hi

I'm new to apple, am thinking of buying an apple laptop, but before i do so i wanted to know what kind of applications that are good on macs that can be used to make your own website i.e. the apple version of frontpage. Ive seen some but not sure whats good. If anyone could help??

(Just to clarify i'm not a programmer so am looking for something very good but thats not too difficult to use)

thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    First of all, welcome scc!

iWeb comes with a Mac. It is very basic and very easy to do. Lots of drag and drop. But it is also a bit limiting.

RapidWeaver is $50. It allows you to do more, while staying pretty simple. It also has a free trial.

There are some other free apps out there for web development, but the two above are the ones that I have used.

Good luck!
  • Reply 2 of 4
    dazabritdazabrit Posts: 273member
    Welcome to the forums mate

iWeb

iWeb Enhancer (Add HTML, AdSense, YouTube, Flickr and Flash Elements to iWeb)

RapidWeaver

Sandvox

Freeway Express & Freeway Pro

and if you want to do a bit of tweaking...

Coda
  • Reply 3 of 4
    sscssc Posts: 2member
    Thanks for all your info, I went and bought my apple mac on friday and absolutely love it, can't seem to get off it either..

i have a problem, if anyone can help, i've decided to start using iweb for my website and wanted to add a movie from youtube, does anyone know how to do this, ive found the code on the movie but dont know where to put it on iweb as can't find any htmp buttons etc.

can this be done or do i need to use rapidweaver, and if i do need to do so are my efforts on iweb wasted i.e. none transferable to rapidweaver??

thanks
  • Reply 4 of 4
    dazabritdazabrit Posts: 273member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ssc View Post

Thanks for all your info, I went and bought my apple mac on friday and absolutely love it, can't seem to get off it either..

i have a problem, if anyone can help, i've decided to start using iweb for my website and wanted to add a movie from youtube, does anyone know how to do this, ive found the code on the movie but dont know where to put it on iweb as can't find any htmp buttons etc.

can this be done or do i need to use rapidweaver, and if i do need to do so are my efforts on iweb wasted i.e. none transferable to rapidweaver??

thanks

Alright mate,

You need to use iWeb Ehancer (I posted the link above).

It's a very simple process.