Activition Difficulties for iPhone...HELP (please)

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Okay so I got my iPhone, plugged it in, got newest iTunes, went through the credit check process that asks for all that info. I chose the plan, i didn't have that prepaid plan stuff, and went through whole process flawlessly... BUT. I see that screen that has allllll the info that i've said and the plan, and i click submit. It says can take up to 6 minutes, but only take like 10 sec. It goes to a screen that has 3 options. One is like visit your local AT&T store and talk those people. I know that's not required. 2nd option is make a prepaid plan that seems like an optional thing that probably sets some plan boundaries which I don't think I want. Last is restart whole process. Okay, how do I get my iPhone going and connected with service?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fix_My_iPhone_Please View Post

Okay so I got my iPhone, plugged it in, got newest iTunes, went through the credit check process that asks for all that info. I chose the plan, i didn't have that prepaid plan stuff, and went through whole process flawlessly... BUT. I see that screen that has allllll the info that i've said and the plan, and i click submit. It says can take up to 6 minutes, but only take like 10 sec. It goes to a screen that has 3 options. One is like visit your local AT&T store and talk those people. I know that's not required. 2nd option is make a prepaid plan that seems like an optional thing that probably sets some plan boundaries which I don't think I want. Last is restart whole process. Okay, how do I get my iPhone going and connected with service?

How's your credit? I think your credit is not good enough to get a regulr plan. Do you know someone with good credit who will put it in their name to activate it?
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Credit is great, I have never had a problem with it, it's very good. I am nearly 99% sure that's not the problem. So basically its that screen with thoe 3 options, the only one that actually advances me is the prpaid thing, but then it comes up with diff plans and I am pretty sure that'snot required, right? Thanks.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Nope and in setting mine up I never even saw what you are talking about. I got 3 options for payment 59.99 something like 89.99 and 119.99. Thats it. I'm confused why your getting a prepaid option and that is why I assume it's your credit. I am still waiting after 6 hours for mine to activate.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    You need to at least go into the plans part to look at what plans your available to use. You can back out from there. You can back out from anywhere until your final step, which has you accept the contract, or something, and start to activate the phone, but the basic Pre-paid plans are upgradable with optional features. You never even looked.

I went a different route B/C I switched over from another carrier (alltel), but I think you need to look at that plans and the options. And there are additional added options on the bottom. LIke I saw one that said add 5000 SMS text messages. It was an additional charge, but then again I'm lucky if I text twice a month.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    ptrashptrash Posts: 296member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Notorious View Post

Nope and in setting mine up I never even saw what you are talking about. I got 3 options for payment 59.99 something like 89.99 and 119.99. Thats it. I'm confused why your getting a prepaid option and that is why I assume it's your credit. I am still waiting after 6 hours for mine to activate.

I see other posts about activation difficulties--see the Iphone forum index page, http://forums.appleinsider.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9. BTW, if you akready have ATT service, can't you just swap in your SIM card from your old phone?
  • Reply 6 of 8
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ptrash View Post

... BTW, if you akready have ATT service, can't you just swap in your SIM card from your old phone?

No. You can use the iPhone SIM card in other phones, but other SIM cards won't work on the iPhone.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Notorious View Post

try it again today....maybe it was buggy after so many people did it
  • Reply 8 of 8
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Try turning on airport mode for 10 seconds and then turn it back off. This will force your phone to search for service. Probably won't work, but worth a shot.