iPhone fluctuating between charging and ?plugged in? while on USB power.

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I’ve been an iPod user for years, and its been my experience that you plug in an iPod, and it will charge (showering the lightning bolt in the battery), after which, it goes to its fully charged state of a plug in the battery. After its charged, you can even use it while attached, drawing power from the bus to run it – and the power status keeps the ‘plugged in’ icon.

Now, I’m using the iPhone, and its going between charged and plugged in, while its plugged in. This is happening on both my Mac and on the plug in power.

Also, when its in its charging mode, the back seems to be hotter than normal.

My assumption was its power requirement was more than the bus can supply, but I don’t know. Has anyone else had this issue?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bacillus View Post

I?ve been an iPod user for years, and its been my experience that you plug in an iPod, and it will charge (showering the lightning bolt in the battery), after which, it goes to its fully charged state of a plug in the battery. After its charged, you can even use it while attached, drawing power from the bus to run it ? and the power status keeps the ?plugged in? icon.

Now, I?m using the iPhone, and its going between charged and plugged in, while its plugged in. This is happening on both my Mac and on the plug in power.

Also, when its in its charging mode, the back seems to be hotter than normal.

My assumption was its power requirement was more than the bus can supply, but I don?t know. Has anyone else had this issue?

I haven't paid attention to the power icon, but I will during the next charge. I did notice right away that it was warm after pulling it off the dock from the first time I set it up through iTunes.

I will keep you updated as to how mine acts......otherwise this thing is bada$$