Should I get a screen protector?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I always buy screen protectors for all of my products. I usually use the Clear Touch brand. I have it for my iPod, current PocketPC, Nintendo DS, Sony PSP, etc.

My question: I know in the beginning it was said the iPhone would not be a problem with scratches and smudges. Then recently it was announced that it has the new scratch free glass screen. Is it really true? I went to the Apple Store last night to buy a 8GB iPhone and the guy said how the screen protectors are very popular. He said they sold out within 5 minutes, before anything. Should I really get one and if so which brand?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    PC World literally couldn't scratch the screen no matter how hard they tried (and they tried pretty hard).

Given that Apple has also said that a screen protector might interfere with the touch-screen's sensitivity, I myself wouldn't bother.

That doesn't mean that Apple and AT&T (especially AT&T) stores aren't going to have them prominently displayed and try to sell you one. They make a lot of money off accessories.