iPhone transaction alerts...

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Hey all - just picked up an iPhone today and I'm in love.

The only problem is, after every text message sent, received, and every call I get an alert that says:

"The last transaction cost 0.00 USD.

Your account balance is _______ USD."

Anyone know how I can get these alerts to stop popping up after every conversation?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    tdnc101tdnc101 Posts: 109member
    Sorry to bump my own post, but this baffles me. Everything else about this phone is simply stunning, but this message is driving me crazy!

I'll only bump once so you don't have to worry about tons of spamming or something, but it's a desperate attempt for someone who knows what they're doing to read it.
  • Reply 2 of 14
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tdnc101 View Post

The only problem is, after every text message sent, received, and every call I get an alert that says:

"The last transaction cost 0.00 USD.

Your account balance is _______ USD."

Anyone know how I can get these alerts to stop popping up after every conversation?

Seems like a feature to me. Why does that bug you? Does it slow you down?
  • Reply 3 of 14
    These alerts Dont stop, they are constantly popping up, I can't at all find a way to turn them off, ITS THE MOST ANNOYING THING EVER, enough to make me return this iPhone..
  • Reply 4 of 14
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Oops, nvm
  • Reply 5 of 14
    I haven't gotten any of these alerts.
  • Reply 6 of 14
    chrisgchrisg Posts: 239member
    Call AT&T
  • Reply 7 of 14
    Well last night was the first night i have had my iPhone and I had to click through about 80 dismissals about these damn transaction alerts, they all say YOUR LAST TRANSACTION WAS 0.00$ you have this much remaining, DISMISS ???

it is driving me crazy... I can call at&t but i have a feeling it wont be fixed by them
  • Reply 8 of 14
    By the way, this happens if you have prepaid plan form at&t
  • Reply 9 of 14
    dg81dg81 Posts: 1member
    Just talked to AT&T.

The woman claimed this was a known issue with no estimated time on a fix.

She claimed they are working on fixing it though.
  • Reply 10 of 14
    Sweet, thanks for the info!!! It seems this issue isnt posted much anywhere... I am glad that someone has talked to AT&T about it...
  • Reply 11 of 14
    kupan787kupan787 Posts: 586member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cpostier View Post

By the way, this happens if you have prepaid plan form at&t

Correct, this happens with prepaid on other phones as well (except usually the informaiton is more helpful, in that the $ amoutn left is an accurate reflection). So it is an iPhone problem, in that ther data is incorect. However, you getting the texts is universal to all phones that are prepaid.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kupan787 View Post

Correct, this happens with prepaid on other phones as well (except usually the informaiton is more helpful, in that the $ amoutn left is an accurate reflection). So it is an iPhone problem, in that ther data is incorect. However, you getting the texts is universal to all phones that are prepaid.

Ya, I wouldnt have a problem if this was happening after every text and phone call, but because my phone is checking email every 15 minutes and doing other network things I have to hit Dismiss for 0.00$ usage about 4times and Hour. Pretty annoying.... i only got prepaid for a month because i dont feel like dishing out another 500$ for my no credit to get cingular service... I'm sure under normal contract circumstances this would never come up...

I do love my iPhone more and more everyday... Even if its only been 2 days..
  • Reply 13 of 14
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    I;ve never seen one alert.
  • Reply 14 of 14
    are you prepaid ?