Bring on the iMac III !

jrcjrc
Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Here's my wish list for the next iMac I will buy:

1.) a case that I can actually have that won't make people laugh.

2.) One which I can update with at least one card of some kind

3.) imPORTant ports in the front.

4.) a fan. YES a FAN! my iMac acts poorly when it's been running for a long time. (Well, I've 3 iMacs and they all do)

5.) headless

6.) I like the current iMac's handle, but hate the weight/balance. Not to mention that all I've seen crack away from the colored plastic and seem flimsy.

7.) More than one drive bay for making copies to send to Grandparents. Hey, if we're making movies, photo albums and such, I'm burning a CD/VCD or DVD, then I want the option to COPY THEM!

8.) real buttons for power (not a soft button, a real freakin switch), sleep. reset buttons on front. UNTIL you can come up with a mac that doesn't need the reset feature, that is.

9.) two button mouse standard

10.) stackable. I have (had) three computers at my desk and I'd like something that I can stack. this again relies on the headless aspect and most likely the fan.

11.) If not headless, allow a switch to physically turn off the monitor.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    sapisapi Posts: 207member
    jeez, buy a PC I'd say....
  • Reply 1 of 10
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    The complaining begins.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    jrcjrc Posts: 817member
    Hey, you guys can buy it. I can wish for something DIFFERENT.

I still want a newtonII, too.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    macaddictmacaddict Posts: 1,055member
    Heh, the minute after we hear the news we're gonna speculate for MWNY...because even though we didn't get 1.4GHz G5s at MWSF,it was probably just because Jobs didn't have them on time and therefore we should be getting 2.4GHz G5s at MWNY.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Uh - I think I heard something about a "Power" Mac. Or something like that. Sounds like what you're looking for.

-S
  • Reply 6 of 10
    [quote]Originally posted by SpiffyGuyC:

<strong>Uh - I think I heard something about a "Power" Mac. Or something like that. Sounds like what you're looking for.

-S</strong><hr></blockquote>

If it's under $2,000 at this rate, I might 'have to'.

But I still like the classic
  • Reply 7 of 10
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Stop bitching about the new imac just because you don't like it.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>Stop bitching about the new imac just because you don't like it.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I'm sorry. Am I supposed to post YOUR opinions or MINE?

I guess being here the longest has warped my sense of the rules.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    it does sound like you either want a pm tower or a pc...the iMac has never had those things....g

ps.. you wrote: 1.) a case that I can actually have that won't make people laugh.

my apple friends have never laughed at the iMac...only pc people do, i don't talk to them about computers...they are too dumb

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: thegelding ]</p>
  • Reply 10 of 10
    bump