EDGE Network Down

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Just got off the phone with ATT and APPLE. The EDGE network is down nation wide. I love the phone but hate the network. The New ATT is a joke!

Call ATT @ 800-331-0500 You can choose to talk to an APPLE rep or ATT rep. I called and complained to both. One problem... I had to wait 10+ minutes to get someone on the line.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Well that explains why I was unable to myspace while getting paid at work.

Damnit.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    wilwil Posts: 170member
    I think it went down last Sunday , I was able to use the network all day Saturday .
  • Reply 3 of 7
    lsngctrllsngctrl Posts: 77member
    Mine went down at 10:14am PST, today.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    All the Mac World is in a snit about the new stuff.

I am still trying to figure out how to use my cell phone. When I looked at the iPod, what ever it is the thing was way too small for my feeble eye sight. And for the life of me I can't understand why anyone needs to have news, movies, tee vee and music 24-7. I might watch a half hour a day on a good day and have never liked Walkman things. I am a throw back. Give me commercial laced AM radio on my pickup truck.

Time to get back on the tractor and grade roads.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    I have not had a problem with the Phone or the network. Where I work the systems go down now and again. What can you do? Get it fixed. I don't expect the edge network to be magically impervious to anything other than kryptonite. I could care less that it was down today. I was trying to use it, and I was getting pretty frustrated that it wasn't coming through, but now that I know the network was down at least I have a good explanation.

But truthfully I have found the edge network to be much faster than I anticipated. I had no idea it would load web pages as fast as it does. Now I really can't wait for the 3G iPhone. I can't imagine how fast that is going to be.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    nightjar2nightjar2 Posts: 22member
    You've got a Tractor??

I'd a thunk you'd have the horses hitched up.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    It really is no surprise. AT&T just got hammered with 525,000 new subscribers who are pounding on edge. There are bound to be glitches in the AT&T system.

Just think how robust it will be in a few days or weeks.