EMI music to download

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I steadfastly refuse to pay for DRM'd music and I don't pirate music. This has led me to subscribe to emusic, which I think is a fantastic service.

Since EMI started selling DRM-free music, I've considered downloading some. Still, albums are still expensive ($11 in Canada), so I'm picky as to what I'll pay to download.

Does anybody have any EMI DRM-free music to recommend? Seeing as I'm using the Canadian iTMS, some albums may not be available.

Here's what I found so far:

* Cold Play (good, but not must-have)

* Rolling Stones (close, but not worth $11)

* Pink Floyd

* Norah Jones

Are there any artists/albums that I haven't considered from EMI? Again, they has to be *excellent* for me to pay $11.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    dentondenton Posts: 725member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JavaCowboy View Post

I steadfastly refuse to pay for DRM'd music and I don't pirate music. This has led me to subscribe to emusic, which I think is a fantastic service.

Since EMI started selling DRM-free music, I've considered downloading some. Still, albums are still expensive ($11 in Canada), so I'm picky as to what I'll pay to download.

Does anybody have any EMI DRM-free music to recommend? Seeing as I'm using the Canadian iTMS, some albums may not be available.

Here's what I found so far:

* Cold Play (good, but not must-have)

* Rolling Stones (close, but not worth $11)

* Pink Floyd

* Norah Jones

Are there any artists/albums that I haven't considered from EMI? Again, they has to be *excellent* for me to pay $11.

Why don't you give up on the big labels and check out some smaller bands. Montreal is a haven of good indie music: check out Arcade Fire (though they've hit it big now), Wolf Parade (especially Wolf Parade!), Stars. You might even see them live and buy the albums directly from them. Or if you can stomach Toronto bands: Broken Social Scene, Metric, Feist, Jason Collett (really anyone on the Arts & Crafts label).

Note: as far as I know, all of these are DRMed on the iTunes Store, so buy the CDs and have ultimate control.