Next MacBook

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Anyone know when the next macbook update is due and what types of things they should be looking to include/update from the current one, i know this is a bit of an open end question but I'm looking to buy one at the end of august and just wanted to know if it will be worth waiting that little longer for a newer model



/Ste

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 7
    mrtotesmrtotes Posts: 759member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SteTwin View Post


    Anyone know when the next macbook update is due and what types of things they should be looking to include/update from the current one, i know this is a bit of an open end question but I'm looking to buy one at the end of august and just wanted to know if it will be worth waiting that little longer for a newer model



    /Ste





    Well the current ones haven't been out long so I if you need in August this revision is probably for you.



    Santa Rosa should give a better graphics GPU hopefully with the ability to share more of the main RAM with the chip and the RAM maximum will be upped too. The iSight camera will probably also go from VGA to 1.3 Megapixel as the MacBook Pro did last revision. So unless you are likely to be a heavy user (in which case buy a MacBook Pro) the next revisions won't be too special.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    musltngbluemusltngblue Posts: 303member
    Agreed, there won't be another update that soon. Go ahead and buy now, and if this is for college, remember to get the education discount along with your free iPod Nano (or discounted Video iPod).
  • Reply 3 of 7
    kareliakarelia Posts: 525member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MusLtngBlue View Post


    Agreed, there won't be another update that soon. Go ahead and buy now, and if this is for college, remember to get the education discount along with your free iPod Nano (or discounted Video iPod).



    As nice of a deal as it is, I hate having to compete against that free iPod at work.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SteTwin View Post


    Anyone know when the next macbook update is due and what types of things they should be looking to include/update from the current one, i know this is a bit of an open end question but I'm looking to buy one at the end of august and just wanted to know if it will be worth waiting that little longer for a newer model



    /Ste



    There's a report in Macworld UK today (via Digitimes) that a new MacBook with LED screen might be coming as soon as August - http://www.macworld.co.uk/mac/news/i...m?newsid=18460
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cutemartin View Post


    There's a report in Macworld UK today (via Digitimes) that a new MacBook with LED screen might be coming as soon as August - http://www.macworld.co.uk/mac/news/i...m?newsid=18460



    ...Really? Hm... good find!
  • Reply 6 of 7
    aisiaisi Posts: 134member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cutemartin View Post


    There's a report in Macworld UK today (via Digitimes) that a new MacBook with LED screen might be coming as soon as August - http://www.macworld.co.uk/mac/news/i...m?newsid=18460



    According to Digitimes, Kenmos Technology will start shipping LED backlights for 13.3-inch and 15.4-inch notebook panels and Chi Mei has decided to adopt Kenmos' LED BLUs for the panels it will ship to Apple.



    Macworld suggests that a MacBook refresh is upcoming but the current MacBook is 1.5 month old and Kenmos' shipments will only reach 100,000 units in August, far too low for the MacBook.



    What if the LED panels are destined for the rumored 13.3-inch widescreen ultra-portable?

    -Ultra-portable to get 13-inch display

    -Resetting the timeline for Apple's ultra-portable initiative
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AISI View Post


    According to Digitimes, Kenmos Technology will start shipping LED backlights for 13.3-inch and 15.4-inch notebook panels and Chi Mei has decided to adopt Kenmos' LED BLUs for the panels it will ship to Apple.



    Macworld suggests that a MacBook refresh is upcoming but the current MacBook is 1.5 month old and Kenmos' shipments will only reach 100,000 units in August, far too low for the MacBook.



    What if the LED panels are destined for the rumored 13.3-inch widescreen ultra-portable?

    -Ultra-portable to get 13-inch display

    -Resetting the timeline for Apple's ultra-portable initiative



    I just received a macbook pro with the new backlit screen for my mum and was going to purchase a macbook for myself but will wait a while now to see if this does happen.
Sign In or Register to comment.