Still haven't opened iphone

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I bought my iphone yesterday at the Apple store. I haven't opened it yet, after reading do many negative posts. I thought I would open it today, but didn't after getting online again. I need a new phone. I went to ATT&T and asked to look at different phones and told them I had bought the iphone. They told me to open it and use it and try it out for 14 days and if I didn't like it I could bring it back and pay a $60 restocking fee. My current phone is a Nokia 6682. I have already had people make jokes about my situation. I just want some help. Can someone give me advice? Serious advice is what I need.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Open the box.

Remove contents.

Follow instructions for activation.

Try all functions of device.

If dissatisfied, return within 2 weeks.

This isn't a joke and it isn't that hard. You can do it.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    I went to an Apple store today to just look/touch/check-out the iPhone. No plans to buy one. I walked out of the store with an 8GB and $600 less in the bank

It hooked me... Edge sucks, but it's WAY faster than NO internet ... and the WiFi takes precedent when it's available. I will be able to leave my llaptop at home most of the time, and when they get a file system and direct transfer from my iMac(mainly for .pdf), it'll replace my pBook completely (Hoping that shows up about the time Leopard does.)

I love the thing ... way cool!

OPEN YOURS AND TRY IT OUT!!! (You'll pay the restocking fee whether it's opened or sealed.)
  • Reply 3 of 5
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

OPEN YOURS AND TRY IT OUT!!! (You'll pay the restocking fee whether it's opened or sealed.)

The above statement is incorrect. You don't pay a restocking fee if you don't break the shrink wrap. The 10% fee is only if you remove the plastic.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HHansen726 View Post

... Serious advice is what I need.

This is called buyer's remorse. The iPhone is an awesome phone and much more. Most potential customers in the store where I bought mine learned how to use it by just playing with it after having seen it in the TV commercials and Internet videos. Activation via iTunes 7.3 is a straightforward process which allows your to setup all of your email accounts, iTunes music, iTunes video, photographs [from iPhoto for Mac users], bookmarks [from Safari for Mac users], and contacts [from Address Book for Mac users]. The battery seems to have much longer life than does my RAZR. If you don't want use your new phone, there are hundreds of thousands of other customers who do. If you return it without trying it, then you will regret it.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

It hooked me... Edge sucks, but it's WAY faster than NO internet

Depending on your proximity to a Library or news stand, sneaker net may be a nice upgrade.