WHAT if you buy the iphone and your credit check denies you??

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
What if you buy the iphone for $600....get home open it up, call ATT....and then are DENIED a contract because your credit is BAD?

Are you then stuck with an open useless iphone???

I hear there is a hack now to use the ipod and wifi features....but what if apple blocks that. Can you even return your opened iphone?? Or are you stuck with a $600 cool looking paperweight??

Me personally am going to wait for the next generation ipod with touchscreen and wifi. But I doubt that Steve will release such an ipod for a looooooong time so as not to steal the iphone's thunder.

Which sucks, because you KNOW apple can make such an ipod....with a 30 gig hard drive, touch screen and 30gig hard drive right now.

Bummer. :-)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    You go month to month instead of a 2 year contract and get somewhat less minutes for the same price as the 2 year.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    reganregan Posts: 474member
    But there is no "month to month" option according to the apple site.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Why would you open it? lol.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    reganregan Posts: 474member
    You HAVE to open it to activate it.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    michaelbmichaelb Posts: 242member
    If you suspect you might fail the credit check, you could buy it from an AT&T store, as they do a pre-check as part of the sale.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    michaelbmichaelb Posts: 242member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by regan View Post

you KNOW apple can make such an ipod....with a 30 gig hard drive, touch screen and 30gig hard drive right now.

I wonder which will come first...

Leopard (definitely scheduled for October, day unknown)

or,

6th gen iPod (traditionally, new generations/half generations have been announced October/November).

My money's on an earlier than normal iPod revamp, but Apple may be waiting to see if iPhone sales start trailing off before they decide.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by regan View Post

What if you buy the iphone for $600....get home open it up, call ATT....and then are DENIED a contract because your credit is BAD?

Are you then stuck with an open useless iphone???

I hear there is a hack now to use the ipod and wifi features....but what if apple blocks that. Can you even return your opened iphone?? Or are you stuck with a $600 cool looking paperweight??

Me personally am going to wait for the next generation ipod with touchscreen and wifi. But I doubt that Steve will release such an ipod for a looooooong time so as not to steal the iphone's thunder.

Which sucks, because you KNOW apple can make such an ipod....with a 30 gig hard drive, touch screen and 30gig hard drive right now.

Bummer. :-)

NO ONE gets denied...they just have to pay a deposit...as a salesman a few years ago, I saw fees from $50 to $700 depending on the phone, the package and the credit score.

I once sold a phone to a bankrupt, jobless single mom (who just moved and would be better served from a $30 cell plan than a $25 landline) after sweet talking the carrier from a $200 deposit to a $50 deposit...anything to close the deal!

If your line doesn't get shut off for like 10 months, your deposit is automatically credited to your account, but they just earn interest on it for 10 months

Remember, cell phones and landlines are utilities, thus they cant deny service, just like the electric company, they can charge deposits to protect themselves, but they cant deny service.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    You can also return the iPhone within 14 days. But there is a 10% repackaging fee if opened.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    paxanpaxan Posts: 25member
    lol , onlooker good reply
  • Reply 10 of 11
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    If you have terrible credit then buying an iPhone or any "extras" is insain! get out of debt, the man (Visa, AMEX, Citibank) want to keep you down, as all-but-slaves...dont let them...when you have no, or little debt then you can start having fun