KC Plaza Apple Store Rocks

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Recently, we have been having power problems with our Rev A 20" iMac. Made a reservation with the Genius Bar.

Took my iMac into the KC Apple Store tonight on the Plaza. No questions asked, they just fixed it on the spot! 45 minutes later and I was on my way home with a newly installed power supply!

I bought my iMac in September of 2004. Don't have Applecare. My serial number did qualify for the extended warranty for the Power and Video issue. But they never even asked about it.

This is exactly why I buy from high quality companies like Apple. And the crew in KC couldn't be any nicer.

BTW. Made a few calls with an iPhone and gave it a good go. Barely escaped without buying one.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kcmac View Post

Recently, we have been having power problems with our Rev A 20" iMac. Made a reservation with the Genius Bar.

Took my iMac into the KC Apple Store tonight on the Plaza. No questions asked, they just fixed it on the spot! 45 minutes later and I was on my way home with a newly installed power supply!

I bought my iMac in September of 2004. Don't have Applecare. My serial number did qualify for the extended warranty for the Power and Video issue. But they never even asked about it.

This is exactly why I buy from high quality companies like Apple. And the crew in KC couldn't be any nicer.

BTW. Made a few calls with an iPhone and gave it a good go. Barely escaped without buying one.

Thanks for the heads up. My daughter lives in KC, MO. I told her I'd buy her a Mac when Leopard is available.

She's only used PC's before, so she'll probably need some support. The Apple Store there sounds like a good place to shop. Do you know if they have beginner classes there? The Apple Store here does.