Battery recharge question

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
My iPhone finally got to the point that I needed to hook up to recharge. How long do I leave it hooked up this first time? With my Nokia I had to let it drain and then leave it charging for 24 hrs. Does anyone know? I want to make sure I do it right. Please no insults.\

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Ummm...I'm not sure but I don't think it matters with the batteries they use these days...of course I wouldn't really know for sure so wait for someone who knows more before you do anything!
  • Reply 2 of 3
    reeve76reeve76 Posts: 37member
    Im not totaly sure as well, but to be safe you should let it drain completely and then charge it over night, if its your first time charging
  • Reply 3 of 3
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    The first time is generally best to completely drain and recharge overnight. From then on, try not to to completely discharge the battery, but only charge when it is low. If you charge every night, it puts extra stress on the battery and can kill a cell. I do this however because it is easy and one cell already died. (I don't have a iPhone and my cell is about 1 year old.) It is easy to replace my battery so I am not worried, but I have heard the iPhone needs to be serviced for dead batteries.