Ballmer's crazier than I thought

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I hadn't seen this one before. I actually thought it was a spoof but it's definitely him.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...40294673114071

How someone that moronic makes billions backing a company like Microsoft is beyond me.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    Lol, that is a good one.

He is the only one that is brainwashed enough to be that enthusiastic about a failing product which is why he holds the position he does.

Applicant: And how much is the pay?

Employer: Oh... about a billion a year.

Applicant: And what are my duties?

Employer: You have to support Microsoft in everything we do, be excited about it, and act like Matt Foley, Motivational Speaker all the time.
    ()

Applicant: No thanks.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    aisiaisi Posts: 134member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

I actually thought it was a spoof but it's definitely him.

This is a joke, it was shown at an internal Microsoft meeting. Supposedly a tradition at MS, more recently they did a Matrix parody starring billg and steveb.
  • Reply 3 of 13
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AISI View Post

This is a joke, it was shown at an internal Microsoft meeting. Supposedly a tradition at MS, more recently they did a Matrix parody starring billg and steveb.

Now I know that, I still have the same opinion.

Here's part of the Matrix one:

http://www.math.sfu.ca/~cbm/blog/200...rix_spoof.html

I have to say the bit with the Linux shot is pretty good. But Gates has such a weedy nerd voice he just sounds stupid as Morpheus. He reminds me of the acne teenager from the Simpsons.
  • Reply 4 of 13
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Wow, that seemed WAY longer than one minute.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    I wouldn't mind it if Apple's brass were more engaging, but I guess that's part of the Steve-J's marketing strategy: convince mac people that you're God.

Anyway, Microsoft has to keep a large pool of non-associated enterprise developers in order to stay alive, so this kind of nerdy role-playing, I'm sure, is right on the mark.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    aisiaisi Posts: 134member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splinemodel View Post

I wouldn't mind it if Apple's brass were more engaging, but I guess that's part of the Steve-J's marketing strategy: convince mac people that you're God.

God wouldn't do that kind of thing.
  • Reply 7 of 13
    mrpiddlymrpiddly Posts: 406member

• Reply 8 of 13
    dazabritdazabrit Posts: 273member
    I am loving this new trend. Steve Balmer is so much easier to hate than Bill Gates!!!!!
  • Reply 9 of 13
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Totally. Bill G is now way more mellow and I am very happy he is exiting Micro$uck. ... We need a new poster boy for hating and general disgust. Luckily, Ballmer came along at the right moment. That tongue. Jeeez...
  • Reply 10 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Totally. Bill G is now way more mellow and I am very happy he is exiting Micro$uck. ... We need a new poster boy for hating and general disgust. Luckily, Ballmer came along at the right moment. That tongue. Jeeez...

Yeah... it's pretty hard to hate someone who is donating $$$$$$$$$ to good causes. Oh the burdens we apple-lovers face.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Anybody else easily see Ballmer as the monster in Young Frankenstein's "Puttin' on the Ritz" routine?
  • Reply 12 of 13
    dazabritdazabrit Posts: 273member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CosmoNut View Post

Anybody else easily see Ballmer as the monster in Young Frankenstein's "Puttin' on the Ritz" routine?

I'm thinking more along the lines of 'The Addams Family'

Uncle Fester!
  • Reply 13 of 13
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

How someone that moronic makes billions backing a company like Microsoft is beyond me.

It takes someone that moronic TO back a company like Microshaft.