Logitech Killed Safari and Now it Won't Even Start!

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
So at work yesterday we finally get our new 1.25 Dual Ultimate Multimedia Mac... I was so excited (and still am, but not as much)...

But now I'm kind of disappointed. Safari won't start anymore and it is SO much better than IE! I loaded Logitech mouse drivers so I could use my opical wheen mouse and set a custom function to the wheel button. The drivers obviously do something to the system files because the computer had to restart. After it restarted Safari keeps saying something like illegal operation (from what I can recall, the Mac is at work, and I'm at home now). It doesn't give anymore detail about the error and then I hit okay and it never launches. I reinstalled Safari three times and uninstalled the Logitech drivers but to no avail, Safari will not work.

Anyone else having this problem?

Anyone willing to try installing Logitech drivers and verifying that is what caused my Safari from no longer working?

Anyone know how to fix this?

AND where do I report this bug now that I can't report the bug through Safari's interface?

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    I use Logitech optical mouse, but don't bother to install their driver/sowftware. May be USB overdrive is fine. Reinstall the whole system since sometimes Apple screws things up on new machine
  • Reply 2 of 5
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Safari works fine for me and I've got the Logitech drivers installed.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Mine is fine. What version of Safari are you using? Is it v48 or v51? You can check in the "About Safari" menu selection in the Safari menu.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    i have a dual optical logitech and running Logitech Control Center 1.0.3 for os x with safari...no probs....g

[ 01-29-2003: Message edited by: thegelding ]</p>
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Logitech MX500 and the drivers installed and Safari works fine. Try uninstalling the Logitech drivers then starting Safari. The uninstaller comes with the OS X software. If that doesn't work its not the driver's fault. Reinstall OS X.