Better fitting iPhone headphones or adaptors

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I'm one of many people that have tried the ear buds which come with the iPhone and would like headphones which fit better.

Over at the Apple Store they're selling an iPhone-compatible V-MODA Vibe Duo Earphones/Headset for $99.95. How the Vibe Duo solves the problem of fitting the earpiece into differently-shaped ears is by providing 3 sizes of soft silicone ear fitting pieces which are designed to attach to the Vibe Duo. Small, medium, and large fittings are included with it.

Someone needs to design silicone fittings like this for the ear buds included with iPhone. Instead of paying 100 bucks for an all-new set of headphones (with mike, just like the iPhone's headphones), I bet lots of people like me would pay $20 or so for silicon adaptors which are designed to fit over iPhone's ear buds and fit comfortably in the ear. If I knew how to mold plastic, rubber or silicone I'd try it myself!

Or are there already adaptors like I'm describing for sale?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    I want in-ear models that also have the clicky button so I can pause/skip tracks and answer calls. Once the iPhone is locked I hate having to take it out of my bag just to pause my music.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Xool View Post

I want in-ear models that also have the clicky button so I can pause/skip tracks and answer calls. Once the iPhone is locked I hate having to take it out of my bag just to pause my music.

Yes, I want that too -- plus the built-in mike to use when answering/making phone calls! But why should I buy another set of headphones when a rubber or plastic adapter for the ones supplied with the iPhone by Apple would make them work perfectly? I hope somebody comes out with something like that.

• Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DisneyEcho View Post

Yes, I want that too -- plus the built-in mike to use when answering/making phone calls! But why should I buy another set of headphones when a rubber or plastic adapter for the ones supplied with the iPhone by Apple would make them work perfectly? I hope somebody comes out with something like that.

Eh... I guess "perfectly" is in the eye of the beholder (or ear of the beholder, I guess). The sound quality of the Apple earbuds are mediocre at best. I'd buy the VODA headset earbuds, but found out that while they have a built in mic, they don't have the play/pause, skip track, answer call, etc. functionality (and at any rate, I haven't seen any comprehensive reviews on their frequency response, etc). I'm waiting for Shure to come out with an adapter (they've announced it, but it doesn't come out until August) that will do all those functions and allow me to use my current Shure earbuds with the iPhone.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    fuzz_ballfuzz_ball Posts: 390member
    FYI - I contacted Voda and they said they are releasing a new version of their Vibe headphones next month, that in addition to the built-in Mic, it will also have the clickable button on the Mic for play/pause/answer/hangup.