Can I copy iTS movies to DVDs?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
My scenario goes as such: my nano just broke due to image burn in on the LCD screen, so I need a new iPod. I'm going to be getting a Macbook for school in a few weeks, and Apple has that $200 rebate program for iPods, so I'm probably just gonna get a 30GB video.

But here's my question: if I buy a movie or show off of iTunes, can I burn it to a DVD, or am I stuck watching it on my laptop/iPod?

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    galleygalley Posts: 971member
    At the present time, no, you cannot.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    david_ocdavid_oc Posts: 90member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Padilla79 View Post

My scenario goes as such: my nano just broke due to image burn in on the LCD screen, so I need a new iPod. I'm going to be getting a Macbook for school in a few weeks, and Apple has that $200 rebate program for iPods, so I'm probably just gonna get a 30GB video.

But here's my question: if I buy a movie or show off of iTunes, can I burn it to a DVD, or am I stuck watching it on my laptop/iPod?

Thanks.

While not ideal, you can get an adaptor that allows you to connect your MacBook to a TV. I've watched various TV shows on my 32" this way and they look great. Not HD (yet) but nor is my cable.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    padilla79padilla79 Posts: 85member
    Okay, one more thing: can DVD burning software burn the shows/videos and would the DRM allow the files to be played on a conventional DVD player?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    galleygalley Posts: 971member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Padilla79 View Post

Okay, one more thing: can DVD burning software burn the shows/videos and would the DRM allow the files to be played on a conventional DVD player?

No, it cannot. Just buy a $19 DVI adapter for your MacBook.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    doroteadorotea Posts: 323member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Galley View Post

No, it cannot. Just buy a $19 DVI adapter for your MacBook.

How about getting the cable that allows you to play the video from the iPod. Works well.

DLO Homedock gives you a dock with a remote that will allow you to select movies from your iPod to play on a SD tv.

Enjoy the new iPod !