G4 iBook Price to buy used

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hey, I have been borrowing my sisters 14 inch iBook with 640 Mb RAM and 933 mhz G4.

She said she would sell it to me and buy a new macbook instead of taking it back and having me buy a new computer (I am quite confused about what to buy). She needs a laptop by August because shes going to Europe and I was stressing because Apple hasnt come out with the new iMac yet and I am interested in getting one.

How much do you think is a fair price to pay for the iBook? It also has a thin white line going across the bottom of the screen.

Just wanted to add that I would have considered the Macbook but the 13 inch screen seems small. Its a shame they didnt make a 14 inch version because I find the iBook is big enough to use everyday for surfing the net.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    teedoff087teedoff087 Posts: 348member
    You may think 13.3" is small (as far as screen sizes go), but the 1280x800 resolution more than makes up for it. I love my Macbook TO DEATH.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    EEk, well. I just sold my PowerBook 1.5GB ram, 1.67GHz 15" G4 for 1,050 dollars. Thats almost double the processor, inch bigger screen, video card as opposed to none, and 3 times the ram. I would say 350 dollars... its really not worth much more. I think she would be lucky to get that even.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    steve666steve666 Posts: 2,600member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teedoff087 View Post

You may think 13.3" is small (as far as screen sizes go), but the 1280x800 resolution more than makes up for it. I love my Macbook TO DEATH.

That would make the text too small for me.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jtrwallace View Post

EEk, well. I just sold my PowerBook 1.5GB ram, 1.67GHz 15" G4 for 1,050 dollars. Thats almost double the processor, inch bigger screen, video card as opposed to none, and 3 times the ram. I would say 350 dollars... its really not worth much more. I think she would be lucky to get that even.

Thanks for the info.

By the way do you or anyone else know where I can find replacement keys for the keyboard? Some of the letters are completely rubbed out. I used a sharpie on them but it looks like ass.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    I'm selling my MBP CD for $1,500. I made me a computer room, and now I want a iMac 30". That's why I'm trying to get rid of the MBP. It's in perfect shape. Has a new battery. PM me if interested.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BlackSummerNight View Post

I'm selling my MBP CD for $1,500. I made me a computer room, and now I want a iMac 30". That's why I'm trying to get rid of the MBP. It's in perfect shape. Has a new battery. PM me if interested.

Thanks, but Im trying to keep it cheap, I also want to wait and see what the new imac looks like.