MPB CD for sale, only $1500

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I'm trying to get rid of my current laptop so I can get a larger screen desktop iMac. It's only a year old, and works great. PM me if interested.

I'll be adding photos tonight.

It's a Core Duo 2.0Ghz

1G of ram (2X512)

15"

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    debenmdebenm Posts: 99member
    $1500??

may be a tad high... http://www.mac2sell.net/
  • Reply 2 of 17
    I'd say more than a tad high.
  • Reply 3 of 17
    Yeah, a friend pointed out that Apple sells them for waaayyyy lower. I'm keeping it.
  • Reply 4 of 17
    Ok, it's for sale again.. It's selling for $700.00 +shipping cost. PM me if you want more information. I have the original box and the install cd too.
  • Reply 5 of 17
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BlackSummerNight View Post

Ok, it's for sale again.. It's selling for $700.00 +shipping cost. PM me if you want more information. I have the original box and the install cd too.

So you go from a little high to way low?
  • Reply 6 of 17
    Well, I trying to get rid of it pretty quickly, so If I have to take a loss, so be it.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

So you go from a little high to way low?

• Reply 7 of 17
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Admin-

Is it possible for us to have a permanent "For Sale" area (with proper warnings of no liability or guarantees by AI, of course) so people can actually post items for sale or trade?

Seems like the community needs this.

Thanks.
  • Reply 8 of 17
    jgbxjgbx Posts: 33member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Admin-

Is it possible for us to have a permanent "For Sale" area (with proper warnings of no liability or guarantees by AI, of course) so people can actually post items for sale or trade?

Thanks.

I think this is a pretty good idea. I've bought, sold and traded on other sites like this one with little to no problems.
  • Reply 9 of 17
    I now have photos available.
  • Reply 10 of 17
    I sent you a PM, can you email me the pics? I'm very interested.
  • Reply 11 of 17
    SOLD and shipped.
  • Reply 12 of 17
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Admin-

Thanks.

A For Sale forum has several issues:

1. Spammers - we kill about 10 spam posts by about 2 to 4 wild-ass spammers a day. There would have to be a way to limit posting in the For Sale forum to members who had been registered for xxx weeks and posted yyy times.

2. Extra moderation - threads have to be closed when the item is sold, rule of no dissing or cheering certain brands/models in someone's thread has to be enforced, etc.

We will discuss it.
  • Reply 13 of 17
    gongon Posts: 2,437member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lundy View Post

1. Spammers - we kill about 10 spam posts by about 2 to 4 wild-ass spammers a day. There would have to be a way to limit posting in the For Sale forum to members who had been registered for xxx weeks and posted yyy times.

The spammers spam other forums too, how would one more forum change the amount of incoming garbage? Just because it's a sales forum doesn't mean you have to allow mass commerce. Of course it'd be even better if you could arrange a time or post limit on who can post there.
    Quote:

2. Extra moderation - threads have to be closed when the item is sold, rule of no dissing or cheering certain brands/models in someone's thread has to be enforced, etc.

On my country's Apple forums (two different ones) it works just fine that the sellers change the thread subject to "SOLD: formersubject". It's recommended that after completing the sale they also post the price, so that info serves the people getting into the market later. Oftentimes there's good discussion in the threads, some of which might continue after the sale, so I don't think it is a good idea to lock them down. (Discussion of price, ongoing deals in stores that are a good alternative, comparisons to other stuff etc.) The "SOLD" indicator is enough that people won't have to look inside anymore, unless they're looking for the realized prices of those goods, whereupon they'll know to look in exactly those threads.

edit: and it's my experience that no stupid flaming goes on in the sell/buy/trade threads. If you were trolling, why would you go onto a thread that is only read by a tiny group of people, those interested in that precise item? And even if someone tries, they're just so out of place they can't get any traction.
  • Reply 14 of 17
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lundy View Post

We will discuss it.

That's cool.

1. Go ahead do it, make it something simple like 30-50 posts.

2. Just modify the interface of the forums so people can close any thread they themselves have started and make it a rule that the selling must close their thread by saying "SOLD" in the last post and then closing their thread.

I've personally bought and sold lots of stuff on other sites and had no problems and the people there I don't trust as much as I trust most of the regulars on AI.
  • Reply 15 of 17
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gon View Post

It's recommended that after completing the sale they also post the price, so that info serves the people getting into the market later. Oftentimes there's good discussion in the threads, some of which might continue after the sale, so I don't think it is a good idea to lock them down. (Discussion of price, ongoing deals in stores that are a good alternative, comparisons to other stuff etc.) The "SOLD" indicator is enough that people won't have to look inside anymore, unless they're looking for the realized prices of those goods, whereupon they'll know to look in exactly those threads.

I think this is a good idea. Having some idea about what used Macs actually sell for would be useful. I know you can get this on ebay, but it would be nice to have a Mac forum for this, IMO. I hope AI can work this out.
  • Reply 16 of 17
    Mac2Sell.net is a good resource as far as determining price.
  • Reply 17 of 17
    Just an update, BlackSummerNight shipped the MBP as promised. Seeing as it was a gift for my girlfriend, she LOVES it and I want to thank BlackSummerNight for a great transaction...and for giving my girlfriend yet another reason to love me.