Can you turn off the wireless card in the MacBook Pros?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
This possible and if so, how do you do it?

Thanks...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    idaveidave Posts: 1,283member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sc_markt View Post

This possible and if so, how do you do it?

System Preferences ? Network ? Network Port Configurations ? Uncheck Airport ? Apply Now
  • Reply 2 of 5
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,402member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iDave View Post

System Preferences ? Network ? Network Port Configurations ? Uncheck Airport ? Apply Now

Thanks! I'm getting a new MBP real soon and I want to be able to turn off un-needed things when I'm just using the laptop on battery power and not connected to anything. I assume you can also turn off the bluetooth but I don't think this uses as much power as the airport circuitry.

Thanks again.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    You can also shut down the wireless and bluetooth by clicking on their icons on the menu bar and selecting '... off'.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    idaveidave Posts: 1,283member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by audiopollution View Post

You can also shut down the wireless and bluetooth by clicking on their icons on the menu bar and selecting '... off'.

Correct, assuming the preference is set for the icons to appear in the menu bar.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sc_markt View Post

Thanks! I'm getting a new MBP real soon and I want to be able to turn off un-needed things when I'm just using the laptop on battery power and not connected to anything. I assume you can also turn off the bluetooth but I don't think this uses as much power as the airport circuitry.

Thanks again.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=50666