How can I sync all songs to iPod with no playlists or just selected playlists?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I recently got a iPhone and since I can't copy songs one by one and also don't have enough space on the iPhone to store all songs I chose to create a iPhone playlist which I sync with my iPhone and just copy selected songs to which is around 3-4 gigs.

Now I went back to syncing my iPod and realized it's syncing that playlist. I chose to remove the option of it to 'sync all songs and playlists" but then when I did that it removed all songs from my iPod. It seems I can't select sync all songs and either choose no playlists or selected playlists. All of the songs that are in my playlist, the 3-4 gigs are copied to my iPod and that's all songs that were already on there so it wastes 3-4 gigs of space. How can I get around doing this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    dentondenton Posts: 725member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AubreyL View Post

I recently got a iPhone and since I can't copy songs one by one and also don't have enough space on the iPhone to store all songs I chose to create a iPhone playlist which I sync with my iPhone and just copy selected songs to which is around 3-4 gigs.

Now I went back to syncing my iPod and realized it's syncing that playlist. I chose to remove the option of it to 'sync all songs and playlists" but then when I did that it removed all songs from my iPod. It seems I can't select sync all songs and either choose no playlists or selected playlists. All of the songs that are in my playlist, the 3-4 gigs are copied to my iPod and that's all songs that were already on there so it wastes 3-4 gigs of space. How can I get around doing this?

When you select "automatically update all songs and playlists," all of the songs in your iTunes library will be synched to your iPod. Having zero playlists or having ten thousand playlists will take up no more space, so your're not wasting 3-4 gigs of space -- there are no duplicate songs on your iPod!

If you don't want your whole iTunes library on your iPod (or if you don't want to see the "iPhone playlist" in the list of playlists on your iPod), then you will have to select "automatically update selected playlists only" or "manually manage songs and playlists."