paris 2007.......

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
lots of people think new imacs etc are coming in paris

is there even a keynote ?????

i thought i'd read that apple were staying away from the expo (in a keynote/anouncement way)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Paris Expo is September 25 to 29. I think the new iMac should be out before then. Apple doesn't stick to expos and shows to release products anymore. They have a big enough line, and probably enough new products, to keep everyone happy at the expo rather than holding products, that get mighty sales regardless, just for the expos.

If there is a keynote it may be from Steve Jobs himself though. Apple is planning a Paris Retail Store opening in Paris in 2007. Steve Jobs may want to "press the flesh" a bit to get as much out if it as possible.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    l33r0yl33r0y Posts: 94member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by onlooker View Post

"press the flesh"

• Reply 3 of 9
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    I think there's only one guarantee of something big in Paris this year--the Eiffel Tower
  • Reply 4 of 9
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    I thought for a moment, paris hilton 2007

okie, personally i think major product announcement come in WWDC or MWSF. no longer mac expo paris. Where was the first generation iPod announced?
  • Reply 5 of 9
    g_warreng_warren Posts: 713member
    Well yes, except that previous iMacs have been announced in Paris, and updates also now come special events - think how many of those there have been in recent years, including for the redesigned iMac with iSight. The days of just WWDC and MWSF are no more.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    aisiaisi Posts: 134member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by G_Warren View Post

Well yes, except that previous iMacs have been announced in Paris, and updates also now come special events.

It was somehow an accident, Apple had originally planned to ship the iMac G5 in the summer of 2004, but the company was not able to meet the deadline (due to heat issues?). This was the only reason why the iMac G5 was announced in Paris on August 31, 2004 and began shipping in mid-September.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider - July 1, 2004

Apple computer today confirmed rumors that it has stopped taking orders for its current line of iMac G4 computers as it begins to transition to all new iMac which will be announced and available for shipping this September.

"We planned to have our next-generation iMac ready by the time the inventory of current iMacs runs out in the next few weeks, but our planning was obviously less than perfect," Apple said today in a note to Apple Store customers.

• Reply 7 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shanmugam View Post

I thought for a moment, paris hilton 2007

okie, personally i think major product announcement come in WWDC or MWSF. no longer mac expo paris. Where was the first generation iPod announced?

iPod, I believe, was announced at a special event. There's a YouTube video of it somewhere...
  • Reply 8 of 9
    mystmyst Posts: 112member
    I'm sure there will be some sort of overblown re-announcement of all Leopard's features, a retail progress update, an iPhone/iPod market share update, and maybe iWork/iLife introductions.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Hah Paris my favorite Mac convention. This is an invitation to anyone who needs a room in Paris this year. I have an apartment with four bedrooms. What I do is store the furniture in the basement and put air mattresses everywhere. I get normally 20 people in there. I have room for 11 more so if your interested, it's free lodging for Appleinsiders and it's a 10 minute walk to the convention center.

email me at [email protected]