Wait for it....iTunes on iPhone and Wireless downloads at Starbucks

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
It is coming....just you wait!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
  • Reply 2 of 16
    fuzz_ballfuzz_ball Posts: 390member
    I love first time posters like this, they're always so full of useful and reliable info <sigh>. I think we need more of them
  • Reply 3 of 16
    But aren't hotspots WIFI and not cell service? Can't you use any WIFI service with an iPhone?
  • Reply 4 of 16
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fuzz_ball View Post

I love first time posters like this, they're always so full of useful and reliable info <sigh>. I think we need more of them

Howz about some new posting rules...

1. New members can NOT create a new topic for the first 2 weeks. (no matter what) they CAN post but are simply prevented from new topic creation...

2. Members with less than 10 posts (added to existing threads) can NOT create new topics.

This would go a long way in reducing the nonsense that tends to occur ESPECIALLY when the 'temporary insanity forum' is brought out. It would also keep 'spam artists' from invading... Tho I have to say AI is one place that I've seen near zero instances...

Dave
  • Reply 5 of 16
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    We need GoogleSpots.
  • Reply 6 of 16
    beleybeley Posts: 30member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ThinkingDifferent View Post

But aren't hotspots WIFI and not cell service? Can't you use any WIFI service with an iPhone?

Yes, but T-Mobile hot spots aren't free - they charge about $6/hour or $10/day or you can get on a monthly plan for about $20-25/month recurring.

It's really a ripoff. I'd rather get online with slow GPRS than pay Starschmucks more money - isn't $8 for a latte enough????
  • Reply 7 of 16
    fuzz_ball and all,

sometimes there are people who no things even though I only posted once! Dont dismiss want you dont know.
  • Reply 8 of 16
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaveGee View Post

Howz about some new posting rules...

1. New members can NOT create a new topic for the first 2 weeks. (no matter what) they CAN post but are simply prevented from new topic creation...

2. Members with less than 10 posts (added to existing threads) can NOT create new topics.

This would go a long way in reducing the nonsense that tends to occur ESPECIALLY when the 'temporary insanity forum' is brought out. It would also keep 'spam artists' from invading... Tho I have to say AI is one place that I've seen near zero instances...

Dave

Dave - Just because I am new doesnt mean I am not informed and may be aware of some things that you arent.
  • Reply 9 of 16
    Wait?! The original post was in July? Dude way to be spot on. Props!
  • Reply 10 of 16
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SurfRat View Post

Wait?! The original post was in July? Dude way to be spot on. Props!

Nah man. He was like Jesus. He knew last year that the price of the iPhone was dropping $200 just 8 weeks later

We should ask him if we're getting iChat anytime soon.
  • Reply 11 of 16
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Red_Thor View Post

Dave - Just because I am new doesnt mean I am not informed and may be aware of some things that you arent.

I think we all mean that you should probably read thru topics first before posting. You're a bit late with your news.
  • Reply 12 of 16
    Thanks for the info man, you apparently have a good source.

Obviously people don't expect inside info in the hands of a forum newbie.

Welcome on AI BTW!

Have anymore info you want to share with us?

After this I can virtually guarantee people will take you a bit more serious!
  • Reply 13 of 16
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Footloose301 View Post

I think we all mean that you should probably read thru topics first before posting. You're a bit late with your news.

A bit late? Go look at the first message of the thread. Look carefully. Look at the posting date. Notice that this thread started with a message he posted nearly two months ago. Feel stupid.
  • Reply 14 of 16
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Nice. We get a guy who apparently has actual inside info and he gets slagged as a newbie dumbfuck.

I'm sure he'll think twice before he tries a stunt like that again.
  • Reply 15 of 16
    kishankishan Posts: 732member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Red_Thor View Post

fuzz_ball and all,

sometimes there are people who no things even though I only posted once! Dont dismiss want you dont know.

I'll translate:

Sometimes people who have posted only once, do know things. Please do not dismiss my comments because I have a low posting-count.

Once I figured out what he (or she) was trying to say, I agree with him (or her) 100%. I wonder if this person did have inside information, or if they were simply a very logical and observant person who was able to connect a lot of dots.
  • Reply 16 of 16
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shetline View Post

A bit late? Go look at the first message of the thread. Look carefully. Look at the posting date. Notice that this thread started with a message he posted nearly two months ago. Feel stupid.

Again. This was something posted already, but thanks for your $0.02