Unreal 2 for pc, not mac!

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I just found out that Unreal Tourmanent 2 is being released for pc. Cripes, UT2K3 isn't released yet for mac! What are they going to do about U2? Is this just something I am going to have to accept, waiting forever to play a game, then find out a better one is out, but not that I can use!

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 9
    stevesteve Posts: 523member
    It's the single-player Unreal 2 that's getting released. UT and Unreal are two totally different franchises.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    cubs23cubs23 Posts: 324member
    I see, I don't feel so mad anymore
  • Reply 3 of 9
    4fx4fx Posts: 258member
    Unreal 2003 is already out for the PC (awesome game if you ask me) and is currently being ported for the Mac by MacSoft and should be out fairly soon. Unreal 2 has yet to be released for the PC, but will NOT apparently support multiplayer But there is good reason to believe that once the PC version is released, they will arrange to port it to the Mac.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    [quote]Originally posted by cubs23:

    <strong>I just found out that Unreal Tourmanent 2 is being released for pc. Cripes, UT2K3 isn't released yet for mac! What are they going to do about U2? Is this just something I am going to have to accept, waiting forever to play a game, then find out a better one is out, but not that I can use!</strong><hr></blockquote>



    That's the way it always is. When MacPlay first brought out AvP, AvP II was just coming out. NOLF just came out for the Mac, and NOLF II's already been out for what, a year now?

    The same goes for Tomb Raider, Quake...



    ...and don't get me started on Oni or Halo. <img src="graemlins/cancer.gif" border="0" alt="[cancer]" />



    It's all part and parcel of being a Mac gamer, my man. to me it's a good reminder of the fact that despite all the A-List titles that are coming out for the Mac or the PC, I'll always keep on coming back to Escape Velocity, Wingnuts, or Marathon.



    Old-skool Mac Gaming rules!
  • Reply 5 of 9
    jlljll Posts: 2,709member
    [quote]Originally posted by 4fx:

    <strong>Unreal 2003 is already out for the PC (awesome game if you ask me) and is currently being ported for the Mac by MacSoft and should be out fairly soon.</strong><hr></blockquote>



    AFAIK the Mac version of UT2K3 is made in house - MacSoft is only the distributor.





    [quote]Originally posted by 4fx:

    <strong>But there is good reason to believe that once the PC version is released, they will arrange to port it to the Mac.</strong><hr></blockquote>



    Perhaps it's one of the two secret Westlake projects.



    [ 02-05-2003: Message edited by: JLL ]</p>
  • Reply 6 of 9
    chychchych Posts: 860member
    [quote] ...and don't get me started on Oni or Halo.

    <hr></blockquote>



    Hm? Oni was a simultaenous release (c'mon, Bungie!)
  • Reply 7 of 9
    [quote]Originally posted by chych:

    <strong>



    Hm? Oni was a simultaenous release (c'mon, Bungie!)</strong><hr></blockquote>



    Unfortunately, no it wasn't. The Mac version came a little later than the PC version, and were published separately, since Take Two/G.O.D. bought Oni after the M$ take over.



    But the delay for the game was just so much that...sadly, no one cared when the game finally came out.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    [quote]Originally posted by rampancy:

    <strong>But the delay for the game was just so much that...sadly, no one cared when the game finally came out. </strong><hr></blockquote>



    That, and the game was not what had been advertised. Do you remember the movies, as I do? The Bungie booth at Mac World with multiplayer Oni? It was lost in the sales shuffle, and as such, lost Bungie's midas touch. The graphics, story, and style were not what had been promised. We were teased with a multiplayer Ghost in the Shell and delivered only a hint at what could have been.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    [quote]Originally posted by serrano:

    <strong>The graphics, story, and style were not what had been promised. We were teased with a multiplayer Ghost in the Shell and delivered only a hint at what could have been.</strong><hr></blockquote>



    Ah yes. The lack of blood was a concern too, but I didn't care. Add to that the fact that there was no way for ordinary users to create their own levels...



    There was a lot of hinting at stuff that didn't make it--like the Iron Demon, from one of the early teaser movies, and of course the semi-transparent objects hack which became a "feature".



    I'd like to know what really happened at Bungie West that made things play out the way they did. But sadly, I don't think that the tru7h will ever come out.
Sign In or Register to comment.