Proud New Owner MBP 17"

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hey guys my MBP 17 just came in today! Having a ton of fun with it already, can't wait to see what else it can do. Not too happy with the purchase from ebay because the guy said it was new, sealed in box and the Apple tape was cut and you can tell somebody used a square piece of tape to seal it..

I had a question for some of you. Trying to make sure I didn't get ripped off. I got the 4GB RAM, which I know it is because I clicked the blue apple and "About this Mac", but I was supposed to get the 160@7200RPM HD and I know its 160, but I can't figure out if its 5400 or 7200.... Also, the box it came in had the white sticker removed from the side of the box, but the notebook is in new conditioned, nothing to make me suspect that its been used before. Thanks for your help guys!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Footloose301 View Post

Hey guys my MBP 17 just came in today! Having a ton of fun with it already, can't wait to see what else it can do. Not too happy with the purchase from ebay because the guy said it was new, sealed in box and the Apple tape was cut and you can tell somebody used a square piece of tape to seal it..

I had a question for some of you. Trying to make sure I didn't get ripped off. I got the 4GB RAM, which I know it is because I clicked the blue apple and "About this Mac", but I was supposed to get the 160@7200RPM HD and I know its 160, but I can't figure out if its 5400 or 7200.... Also, the box it came in had the white sticker removed from the side of the box, but the notebook is in new conditioned, nothing to make me suspect that its been used before. Thanks for your help guys!

go to serial-ATA and highlight the model number and manufacturer. It should say something like Model: FUJITSU [serial code] paste that into a google search and it will tell you the speed of it.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    I tried that and kept getting answers for the DVD/CD drive.....
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Footloose301 View Post

I tried that and kept getting answers for the DVD/CD drive.....

well, if the 17" is the same as the 15.4" in the wiring, It should give you the HDD. Make sure you are looking at Serial-ATA and not just ATA. And if you are, then keep looking up all the other serial #s you can find until you get a harddrive.\ Brute forcing it can sometimes be your friend.