iPhone and AT&T reception

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Hi,

I would like to know how's been the iPhone and AT&T reception in your area? Do you get drop calls? I the sound quality good? Drop spots? etc..

More specifically, anybody in San Diego happy with the performance of iPhone and AT&T?

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    ci0002ci0002 Posts: 23member
    MY AT&T service is terrible, despite the fact that I live in one of the 'best' zones according to their coverage stats.

I love my iPhone but regret that I cannot use it as a phone at home. Its fine on the road.

By the way its not my house that is the problem, I can go outside, still virtually no signal.

Then to make matters worse AT&T has no roaming agreement with SeaMobile which is the company that services the cruise ships (Crystal) that I like to cruise on. So I cannot use the iPhone on board, although if it were t-Mobile or verizon I could.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    gugygugy Posts: 794member
    yeah, I hear you.

I used to have Pac Bell, then they became Cingular and now AT&T. Back then the service was terible. It was more than 5 years ago. Not sure if it improved since.

This is the major obstacle for me getting an iPhone. I rather wait for the iPod 6g if I am only planning to use the iPhone as an iPod.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    I used to get service about 5% of the time inside my house with AT&T and a brand new samsung phone I got about 3 months ago, and dropped calls were almost guaranteed. Now with my iPhone i get service 95% of the time.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    There is a search function in the forums. Try to use it before starting a topic that has already been answered in abundance. This question has been answered in about 8 similar threads already.

As far as reception I have found it second to none. And have answered that in detail in other threads with the similar title.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    I did use it the search, but there is not much out there on the subject.

So, I feel pretty good starting a new thread. If you are not satisfied, then is not my problem.

I appreciate the ones who contribute to this topic. Thanks!
  • Reply 6 of 11
    cubitcubit Posts: 846member
    Manhattan? Upstate Manhattan in the Washington Heights area?
  • Reply 7 of 11
    lfe2211lfe2211 Posts: 507member
    Reception on the North Shore of Long Island, NY has been very good so far. I have noticed that reception has improved since the iPhone launch.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CI0002 View Post

MY AT&T service is terrible, despite the fact that I live in one of the 'best' zones according to their coverage stats.

You claim your area is NJ but that really isn't very helpful now is it... Well hey, I live in NJ and my coverage is GREAT...

Dave
  • Reply 9 of 11
    so far i hate it. this is a great toy but the reception is awful. I had customer service and they told me all i needed was and update and to shut my phone off yadda yadda. that worked for a second. if i have to go by the window to talk to someone on my phone in nyc then this is a peice of trash and at&t sucks. they should have dealt with reception issues before the launch of such an expensive product. what a f**ing disaster
  • Reply 10 of 11
    I'm in LA. Love my iPhone, hate my service. Cannot tell you how frustrating it is - constant dropped calls, "cannot connect to EDGE" - slow, slow data. It's a really bad scene around Los Angeles (I'm in west LA, near the water.)
  • Reply 11 of 11
    interesting,

Well, I am planning to try the iPhone for 2 weeks. If I end up hating the reception I will return it and get the iPod Touch instead.

It's very hard, some people say the reception is great others says it is crappy. So I guess only trying myself will answer if the iPhone and AT&T is right for me.