Weird iPhone "slide to unlock" Screen

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
OK, So I just realized I have a weird message on my iPhone, just below the clock (on the wallpaper-covered "slide to unlock" screen) - it also appears under the time on the green "charging" screen.

It says "vamos"

What is supposed to be displayed here? In the apple ads it shows the date in this area. I thought it was a wi-fi network or a time zone thing but its not.

What is "vamos? What does your iPhone show under the clock?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Check where you have your iPhone time stamped from. Vamos is a small town on the island of Crete, Greece.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by missingbite View Post

Check where you have your iPhone time stamped from. Vamos is a small town on the island of Crete, Greece.

It also means 'we go' or 'let's go' in Spanish. Does everything else appear in English?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    dstranathandstranathan Posts: 1,717member
    I have checked everything guys. None of my settings refer to anything related to "vamos". My time and date is set to Chicago (CST). My default language is English. No Spanish anywhere.

What is supposed to be displayed below the time on the iPhone's "slide to unlock" screen? I assume its supposed to be the date like in the original Steve pics?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dstranathan View Post

OK, So I just realized I have a weird message on my iPhone, just below the clock (on the wallpaper-covered "slide to unlock" screen) - it also appears under the time on the green "charging" screen.

It says "vamos"

What is supposed to be displayed here? In the apple ads it shows the date in this area. I thought it was a wi-fi network or a time zone thing but its not.

What is "vamos? What does your iPhone show under the clock?

Do you have a song on you iPod function called vamos? If you are playing a song in the iPod (think it happens when paused too) the name will show up below the time instead of the date.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    bspearsbspears Posts: 147member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bender0069 View Post

Do you have a song on you iPod function called vamos? If you are playing a song in the iPod (think it happens when paused too) the name will show up below the time instead of the date.

The name of the song appears only if it is playing. Not if it is paused. It appears beneath the time that is located on the upper portion of the display. Someone has been playing a song called Vamos on your iPod. I found a few on the iTunes Music store.