G4 + APE = No Connection

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I recieved my Airport Express last Friday and am having a bit of trouble getting one of my machines to connect to it.

I'm using the APE only for music in another room, not getting online or anything else. I have two other machines that stream music fine to the speakers connected to the APE. My G4 MDD is the one with the problem. In iTunes I can see the "Living Room" in the drop down, yet when I attempt to select it it ignores my selection and remains on "Computer". Any clues why?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    kareliakarelia Posts: 525member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tony1 View Post

I recieved my Airport Express last Friday and am having a bit of trouble getting one of my machines to connect to it.

I'm using the APE only for music in another room, not getting online or anything else. I have two other machines that stream music fine to the speakers connected to the APE. My G4 MDD is the one with the problem. In iTunes I can see the "Living Room" in the drop down, yet when I attempt to select it it ignores my selection and remains on "Computer". Any clues why?

Thanks for any help.

Make sure you have the latest versions of both the AirPort software and iTunes.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    tony1tony1 Posts: 259member
    "AirPort software"

Meaning AirPort Admin Utility?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    kareliakarelia Posts: 525member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tony1 View Post

"AirPort software"

Meaning AirPort Admin Utility?

Nope, meaning the AirPort drivers. Run Software Update, and see if there's any AirPort updates.