Yet Another Macbook Pro Macbook Forum

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I am buying my first mac in about february, and i cannot decided whether to get a macbook or a macbook pro. i am able to get an external HDD and a 22" screen with it. I am gonna get AppleCare because i want to keep it for about 3 years as A DESTOP REPLACEMENT. I dont think i need the MAJOR graphics card of the MBP, but i think i may do video editing and stuff in the future so i think i may need it. I am definately going to wait till Penryn (even though that is considered Future Hardware but i just need to know value-wise and the timing doesnt matter). I care alot about amount of power, and newest technology. I need some advice on what to buy, if i should get a MB or MBP. I am leaning toward the MBP for futureproof reasons.

All help is appreciated. If there is anymore details on what i can get or need or specifics, just ask for more details.

PS: i do care about ease of connections, all being together e.g. cable for connection to screen, trivial things (illuminated keyboard) and future capatibility.