applecare and cinema display

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I just bought my second display which is sweeeet having dual setup. only problem now is that i can notice considerable difference between the new and the old monitors since they are side by side. The old one is about 20% darker. When i have a web page up and i set it inbetween the 2 monitors, its night and day. I still have Apple care on the old monitor...will they fix this or is this just normal wear and tear. The monitor is about 2 1/2 years old.

thanks!

James

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    kareliakarelia Posts: 525member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by leejam99 View Post

I just bought my second display which is sweeeet having dual setup. only problem now is that i can notice considerable difference between the new and the old monitors since they are side by side. The old one is about 20% darker. When i have a web page up and i set it inbetween the 2 monitors, its night and day. I still have Apple care on the old monitor...will they fix this or is this just normal wear and tear. The monitor is about 2 1/2 years old.

thanks!

James

If there is genuinely something wrong with the original monitor, yes, AppleCare will cover any display purchased with a PowerMac (or other headless computer). But it's entirely possible that the newer display is just brighter, and you may have to turn down the new one to balance them out.