Something funny my buddy just told me

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
He said a guy was standing online at an apple store waiting to be one of the first people to get an iphone. A woman walked up to him and said I will give you the money to buy your iphone if you let me get in front of you to buy one. He said sure and when she got in she said, "give me as many iphones I can get for 10K!"



Has anyone heard of something like this?



The best part to it is, the apple rep said, "sorry it's only one per customer."



This is what I was told...I don't know if this is true but I thought it was funny because if it's true than the guy who let the lady cut in line got a free iphone. haha

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 6
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 14,209moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by trappa1 View Post


    He said a guy was standing online at an apple store waiting to be one of the first people to get an iphone. A woman walked up to him and said I will give you the money to buy your iphone if you let me get in front of you to buy one. He said sure and when she got in she said, "give me as many iphones I can get for 10K!"



    Has anyone heard of something like this?



    The best part to it is, the apple rep said, "sorry it's only one per customer."



    This is what I was told...I don't know if this is true but I thought it was funny because if it's true than the guy who let the lady cut in line got a free iphone. haha



    Yeah it was very funny. There's a video online. She offered him $600 or something for his place at the front. I think the limit was two per customer but anyway I thought in the video she had $100k to spend and she was going to buy out the store's selection. Pretty glad Apple made the limitation on buying just to stop horrible greedy people like that.



    It was just the way she thought she was going to get one over on all those poor people who waited ages in line that made the video priceless as she ended up losing out $600 for nothing.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    -df-df Posts: 136member
    Video



    The guy that got the cash is a bit of a dufus... very funny though.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by -dF View Post


    The guy that got the cash is a bit of a dufus... very funny though.



    Anyone who managed to be the first person in any iPhone line has got to be just a little wacko don't you think?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post


    Anyone who managed to be the first 100 people in any iPhone line has got to be just a little wacko don't you think?



    Fixed your quote.

    Considering I went down the following Monday after work and picked one up without waiting a moment. And in NJ at a very busy mall! LOL
  • Reply 5 of 6
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 30,837member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post


    Anyone who managed to be the first person in any iPhone line has got to be just a little wacko don't you think?



    Probably, but we thank them for their business anyway.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    I was at the store when they opened at 6PM, but wasn't in line. Pretty amazed at the hundreds of people lined up to buy an iPhone. I can't say too much though as I have a t-shirt from when this store first opened so that means I was one of the first thousand in line.



    Still, by the time wifey & I had had dinner and done some window shopping I was able to walk in and check out the iPhone. Felt kinda bad for all the people who waited for days thinking supplies were going to be constrained like the PS3, Xbox 360, Wii or the original 17" PowerBook G4s.
Sign In or Register to comment.