OSX Themes

ssssss
Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
On some sites I see you can download Mac themes. Just wondering were the themes are kept in Tiger. Just so when I download I know how to revert back to the default! Can't seem to find it in the System Prefs......

Cheers

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    OS X doesn't support themes at all. They may be shapeshifter themes, however, shapeshifter is not the most stable theme software.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    ssssss Posts: 30member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Outsider View Post

OS X doesn't support themes at all. They may be shapeshifter themes, however, shapeshifter is not the most stable theme software.

This is the site here, any ideas......?

http://interfacelift.com/themes-mac/index.php?sort=date
  • Reply 3 of 7
    yamayama Posts: 427member
    If you read what it says on the page you linked:

Quote:

The ShapeShifter themes for Mac OS X listed below are sorted by the date they were posted to the site. Newest themes are on top.

You will need ShapeShifter by Unsanity in order to apply any themes. If you are interested in creating your own guiKits, check out ThemePark by Geekspiff.

• Reply 4 of 7
    Not entirely true. Not all themes need ShapeShifter. There are themes out there which use an installer and have no side effects on the stability or speed of the machine. Uno is one of those themes. I'm using it now - absolutely brilliant.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macanoid? View Post

Not entirely true. Not all themes need ShapeShifter. There are themes out there which use an installer and have no side effects on the stability or speed of the machine. Uno is one of those themes. I'm using it now - absolutely brilliant.

Thanks for the info!
  • Reply 6 of 7
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macanoid™ View Post

There are themes out there which use an installer and have no side effects on the stability or speed of the machine. Uno is one of those themes.

Unfortunately I think it's the only one. I'm not sure why they even need to make something like Shapeshifter. All the interface files can be modified so why not just do that instead of patching on the fly? Possibly so it can work through system updates I suppose but I'd prefer a stable system and just have to update each time.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    nope, there's iridium and chromium as well. I agree there are few other, but there are more than these three. A couple more coming up shortly, just check the macthemes2 forums