AT&T activates 146,000 phones in first two days

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
http://money.cnn.com/2007/07/24/news...ex.htm?cnn=yes

I'm pretty disappointed - I was hoping for a million or something. Maybe Apple sold a lot more than that, but they didn't get activated until July 1st or 2nd due to all the activation glitches.

But the 40% new customers is good news, particularly if Apple gets more money per month for new customers.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    cyko95cyko95 Posts: 391member
    I wonder how Many people were unable to activate that weekend due to slow number transfers from other carriers or the other issues going on at that time? I bet that would take those "activation" numbers up a bit.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cyko95 View Post

I wonder how Many people were unable to activate that weekend due to slow number transfers from other carriers or the other issues going on at that time? I bet that would take those "activation" numbers up a bit.

Well, on 2nd thought AT&T previously said that it was 2% of people that had problems activating the phones. There are still plenty of people who waited to activate, though, including a bunch of people who tried to sell their phone on eBay.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Yea but still, Apple has said that they sold out all phones from AT&T stores and most of their retail stores. This means that sales were still very strong and the 146000 number should still be a very low estimate of the total number sold the first week.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    I think Apple is gonna get hammered today in the stock market. We'll see the number of phones that Apple reports as being sold but I would ssy that anything below 500,000 will be viewed as disappointing.