I can't Arrange Files (in icon mode) in Ascending Order of Date!!!

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014

This is so annoying. Do I need to reinstall my os or is it normal that while in finder, i can't choose to arrange my files by ascending order by date? This only happens while viewing option is icon. When viewing as list or columns, it does it just fine. But when viewing by icon (where I get to see the image preview), it arranges it from the last date created to the first date created. I've spent half an hour trying to rearrange it and i can't find anything that will change it.

I'd appreciate your input! Thanks!

Liz

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    jabohnjabohn Posts: 582member
    Icon view does not have an option to change the order (ascending/descending) - it is only available in List view where the column headers show up with the little triangle.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jabohn View Post

Icon view does not have an option to change the order (ascending/descending) - it is only available in List view where the column headers show up with the little triangle.

That's so crazy, am I the only one who hates this lack of functionality? When I want to view the photos from my camera, I'd want to view the icons from start to finish, not the other way around...
  • Reply 3 of 4
    jabohnjabohn Posts: 582member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by uclalumni00 View Post

That's so crazy, am I the only one who hates this lack of functionality? When I want to view the photos from my camera, I'd want to view the icons from start to finish, not the other way around...

That's what iPhoto is for.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by uclalumni00 View Post

That's because you have it arranged by "date created", think about it, if you arrange it like that then the last photo taken will be the first one you see as it was the most recently created.

Arranging it by name will give you what you want.

View/Show View Options/Keep Arranged by name