Good backup software for mac

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Any suggestions? I want to save my photos/music/docs and such but they all got scattered on my hard drive for some reason.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    [quote]Originally posted by Eldios:

<strong>Any suggestions? I want to save my photos/music/docs and such but they all got scattered on my hard drive for some reason.</strong><hr></blockquote>

if your wanting some degree of automation, retrospect is not bad. you can creat backup scripts that will only target certain files, folders, drives, and more. you can also search throgh a backup database to see where stuff is that you've already archived.

another option, though not really backup sofware, may be to go with cumulus especialy when dealing with media files. it will create thumbs of most of your media files and is fully searchable.

a cheaper way would be to go with an app like cdFinder. not really automated but it does an excellent job of keeping track of all of the stuff you've archived be it on cd, HD, zip, and ect.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    What about Backup? I can´t imagine needing more. What are other programs able to do you can´t do with it?