safari Bug button

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I believe it is arguably the biggest innovated feature in safari....

it really should be a standard issue with every browser. eventually you will encounter compatibility problems with any web browser, a quick and easy way to let SOMEONE know that there is a problem with such and such a website is a great feature... I only wish it would send a report to the page's author so that they learn of any incompatibilities as well...

tell your favorite web-browser to include one!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    I'm curious if they will leave it on by default for Safari 1.0. They might even hide it in the final version, I don't know. I really doubt it will disappear altogether, they might just make it a hidden pref to have it available or in the toolbar.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    eloelo Posts: 22member
    You can choose to show or hide the bug in this version already. Just click View/Bug to select or de-select it.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    since im dragging up old posts...

there should be a bug button in iTunes now...

it seems every time I use it I run into something to improve it, but it is a pain to have to navigate to the feedback page...

seeing as we are a test market, it should be AS EASY AS POSSIBLE to get feedback from us...

my 2¢ anyway...
  • Reply 4 of 7
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

since im dragging up old posts...

it seems every time I use it I run into something to improve it, but it is a pain to have to navigate to the feedback page...

seeing as we are a test market, it should be AS EASY AS POSSIBLE to get feedback from us...

my 2¢ anyway...

Hmm... I think their reason for not putting bug buttons in all their applications is because they don't want to give the impression that all their apps are buggy. Safari is beta, and it's a browser, so it really needs one. But iTunes is version 4, and it should be complete by now.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:

every time I use it I run into something to improve it, but it is a pain to have to navigate to the feedback page...

Um... what bugs? (flawless here)
  • Reply 6 of 7
    frawgzfrawgz Posts: 547member
    Quote:

iTunes menu -> Provide iTunes Feedback

Can't be THAT much harder than a bug button

Wait, are you talking about the iTMS or iTunes itself?
  • Reply 7 of 7
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Not Unlike Myself

Um... what bugs? (flawless here)

im talking about the music service, sorry...

stuff like misnamed selections and the like...

it doesn't even have to be part of the interface, they can put the button right next to your account email... even have an option to turn in on in preferences...