Falling in love with my iPhone, again.....

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Forgive me if this is redundant or mentioned in the manual (I don't read them), but I just discovered it the other day.

While reading an email on my iPhone, I noticed that all the phone numbers in the body of the email were blue and underlined. I was blown away by the fact that clicking on one of them switched to the phone application and automatically dialed the number!

To me, this type of feature is once again proof positive the the folks at Apple are just brilliant........!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Just one thing to say; you own an iPhone. My very jealous.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    And to think, cdjoy signed up just to brag about that fact. What a heartless rat!

• Reply 3 of 7
    riptideriptide Posts: 57member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cdjoy View Post

Forgive me if this is redundant or mentioned in the manual (I don't read them), but I just discovered it the other day.

While reading an email on my iPhone, I noticed that all the phone numbers in the body of the email were blue and underlined. I was blown away by the fact that clicking on one of them switched to the phone application and automatically dialed the number!

To me, this type of feature is once again proof positive the the folks at Apple are just brilliant........!

I'm sorry, but this "brilliant" feature has been on other phones for many, many years, (as has the ability to text mutiple recipients)
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Buzz-killer.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Riptide View Post

I'm sorry, but this "brilliant" feature has been on other phones for many, many years, (as has the ability to text mutiple recipients)

You just caused AAPL to drop with that insensitive statement. Hulk smash!
  • Reply 6 of 7
    dudditsduddits Posts: 260member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cdjoy View Post

"Falling in love with your iPhone, again???"

I just hope you're on the ATT Family Plan or using appropriate protection from iSkin or another 3rd party vendor. You wouldn't want to find yourself with an iPhone Nano on your hands before you're ready to commit to an additional line.

• Reply 7 of 7
    bacillusbacillus Posts: 313member
    Well, a girl sent me a message on Facebook and her number was such that I could dial it by pressing it. I don't know if this is a feature of other phones though.

At first I did not know why it was blue and underlined, so I pressed it while eating dinner, and blamo - I'm talking to her, and I really was not ready to. How do you say, hi great to talk to you, I really don't want to talk right now, even thought I called you.