Where are iPhones shipping from?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
[Sorry about the dangling preposition...]

I finally got the other people on my family plan to agree to switch carriers so I can get an iPhone!

For me, the best way to get one is through the Apple Online Store. (Right now, it's quoting shipping "within 24 hours".) My question for anyone who's recently ordered a phone through the online store is

Are the phones shipping from China or a distribution center in the US?

(The answer to this question will dictate whether or not I should pay extra for faster shipping. If it's coming from China, there's no need to pay extra as everything gets expedited on international shipments.)

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by palter View Post

[Sorry about the dangling preposition...]

I finally got the other people on my family plan to agree to switch carriers so I can get an iPhone!

For me, the best way to get one is through the Apple Online Store. (Right now, it's quoting shipping "within 24 hours".) My question for anyone who's recently ordered a phone through the online store is

Are the phones shipping from China or a distribution center in the US?

(The answer to this question will dictate whether or not I should pay extra for faster shipping. If it's coming from China, there's no need to pay extra as everything gets expedited on international shipments.)

Thanks.

A friend bought his last thursday and it shipped from china, received it yesterday.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    palterpalter Posts: 98member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sandau View Post

A friend bought his last thursday and it shipped from china, received it yesterday.

I know. I was about to reply to my own message that I ordered it Friday, it shipped from China, and arrived today. (Unfortunately, it's at my house and I'm at my client's office.)

But, thanks for the response.