streaming talk radio using iphone

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I looked around and this hasn't been adressed?

has anyone tried using edge to stream talk radio on a iPhone??? maybe try it. i think i was able to get my local am radio station with dialup (slower than edge) but that was some time ago. most am stations give you a choice of dialup or broadband.

i just checked local station i guess i need to run windows media player or real networks. maybe not be able to stream. does flip4mac work in safari for the iphone??

with the wifi connection i shouldn't have a problem, i do it now with my MB and safari.

hmmmm maybe the limiting factor is the media player.

I guessed that if you could pick up youtube ( edge or wifi) i'd be able to get my talk radio also

I hope it works

thanks for any effort

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    Got a link to what you want to stream?
  • Reply 2 of 14
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    http://www.wvhuam.com/main.html

top left there is a region that says "listen" you have to wait for the lame local ad but the end uses local highschool cheerleaders (get you head out of the gutter, it's clean just local sillyness)

then it will load.

thanks for your help
  • Reply 3 of 14
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Talk radio (Rush, Hannity, etc.) is garbage. That's probably why Jobs made Safari incompatible with it.

• Reply 4 of 14
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Try taping a $2 radio to the back side of the iPhone. Problem solved.
  • Reply 5 of 14
    were you able to make it work?? iphone is supposed to have a full browser, my safari works just fine on my MB
  • Reply 6 of 14
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    I have tried to find a way to get Internet radio (Radio Paradise) to play but it just doesn't work. I tried making it a playlist in iTunes and syncing but it just crashed the sync program. iPhone will play a link to an mp3 but streaming from Shoutcast is not the same thing. I have noticed that on the Apple website, the videos are now encoded to play in the YouTube application.

Theoretically Quicktime should be able to play several types of streaming content but I think iPhone must have some very limited version of Quicktime.
  • Reply 7 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

I have tried to find a way to get Internet radio (Radio Paradise) to play but it just doesn't work. I tried making it a playlist in iTunes and syncing but it just crashed the sync program. iPhone will play a link to an mp3 but streaming from Shoutcast is not the same thing. I have noticed that on the Apple website, the videos are now encoded to play in the YouTube application.

Theoretically Quicktime should be able to play several types of streaming content but I think iPhone must have some very limited version of Quicktime.

if you don't mind could you try the link i listed above and let me know. the other thing is i quess i could go to a cingular office and try it myself.

thanks
  • Reply 8 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NOFEER View Post

if you don't mind could you try the link i listed above and let me know. the other thing is i quess i could go to a cingular office and try it myself.

thanks

Ok I tried it. It doesn't work. Your link requires MPlayer or Windows Media Player plugin which isn't on an iPhone.
  • Reply 9 of 14
    i thought the safari browser was a "full" browser shouldn't flip4mac plugin work like it does on my MB? if not well that's another thing i need to add to the iphone "need" list.
  • Reply 10 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NOFEER View Post

i thought the safari browser was a "full" browser shouldn't flip4mac plugin work like it does on my MB? if not well that's another thing i need to add to the iphone "need" list.

Please...don't whine. I'm sorry you can't hear your "precious" talk radio on an iPhone, but I don't think anyone around here "really" cares. I know I don't.
  • Reply 11 of 14
    Quote:

Please...don't whine. I'm sorry you can't hear your "precious" talk radio on an iPhone, but I don't think anyone around here "really" cares. I know I don't.

i was asking about the functiionality of the iphone no different than many of these forum. i ddin't ask for a political comment, just for functionality. i didn't make a political comment by asking this question. so now are we adding political analysis to each functionality of the iphone....so if i want 3g does that mean that i'm a capitalist pig??

maybe i should have asked for streaming of airamerica.....oops that failed.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    coreycorey Posts: 165member
    Quote:

Ouch! Talk about a hair trigger!

My mother always told me not to poke the animals, but I just can't resist...

"HUMAN CAUSED GLOBAL WARMING IS A FARCE"
  • Reply 13 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Corey View Post

Ouch! Talk about a hair trigger!

I guess it was a bit harsh. I was just having fun with the whiney "quote" marks. I can just see the the double curly fingers in the air.
  • Reply 14 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Corey View Post

My mother always told me not to poke the animals, but I just can't resist..."HUMAN CAUSED GLOBAL WARMING IS A FARCE"

<off topic rant>

I'm sorry I couldn't respond to this ridiculous comment earlier, but I was in the middle of something more important at the time.

The thing about brainwashing is that it totally allows you to disregard logic and evidence. If you light a fire, it will give off heat due to an exothermic chemical reaction. If you multiply it by a billion fires, they all continue to give off heat and gases. There are some scientific principles that prove this without any possibility of dispute. Yes, global warming is a fact. You can argue why, but it is still a fact.

Conservatives are anything but. The war is not about conservatives verses liberals, it is about "so called" conservatives verses conservationists. Take a visit over to conservation.org and get a clue into what is really going on.

My father taught me that if you don't have a plan B, you don't have a plan. Unfortunately, the mainstream political conservatives only have plan A - Jesus will come back and save us before we destroy the planet. When Jesus comes back, he will be very disappointed in the way you have tended his garden.

Despite your best efforts to prevent us from saving this planet, we will recruit ten people to our mission for turning this disaster around for every one of your ignorant "conservatives" in denial. Go figure out your carbon offset and pay up!

<end rant>

Let the digital flames begin.

M