Deleted videos showing up in Front Row "Movies" section

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi everyone,

Something weird is going on in my Front Row. I am seeing videos (podcasts, downloaded movies etc.) showing up in the Movies section of Front Row that have been deleted from my computer. When I click on them the screen goes black for a moment as if it is loading the video and then it just goes back to the list. I can't find the videos anywhere on my computer and am stumped as to how I should go about getting rid of them. There are more and more in there and it is getting quite cluttered. Any suggestions for me?

Thanks in advance to all who reply!

Ybot

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ybot View Post

Hi everyone,

Something weird is going on in my Front Row. I am seeing videos (podcasts, downloaded movies etc.) showing up in the Movies section of Front Row that have been deleted from my computer. When I click on them the screen goes black for a moment as if it is loading the video and then it just goes back to the list. I can't find the videos anywhere on my computer and am stumped as to how I should go about getting rid of them. There are more and more in there and it is getting quite cluttered. Any suggestions for me?

Thanks in advance to all who reply!

Ybot

Are they showing in your iTunes library as well, Try to remove them from there also.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    ybotybot Posts: 329member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Project2501 View Post

Are they showing in your iTunes library as well, Try to remove them from there also.

Nope, they aren't listed in iTunes nor can I find them anywhere on my computer.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    What I would try is this: In spotlight, type in front (should be enough, if not type more) and open Frontrow.pkg. Reinstall it to see if they still show up.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bobmarksdale View Post

What I would try is this: In spotlight, type in front (should be enough, if not type more) and open Frontrow.pkg. Reinstall it to see if they still show up.

Aha. I hadn't tried that. I will try that when I get home from work and post back my results!

Thanks,

Ybot
  • Reply 5 of 7
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    You could try binning com.apple.frontrow.plist first.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    celrggcelrgg Posts: 1member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. H View Post

You could try binning com.apple.frontrow.plist first.

Hi, im new in the forum and i was just doing a search about this same subject in google, im having the same problem with my front row but i have deleted the plst file and the movie folder in itunes, i have no movies whatsoever in my movie folder and yet, my front row playlist its full of old movies and podcast i had already deleted long time ago. anyone help me here?
  • Reply 7 of 7
    I tried deleting the preferences file, however that didn't work.

Any other suggestions?