I am switching from MS to all Apple with Everything I can

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    jrollerjroller Posts: 80member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TechniCT View Post

I had to deal with their customer support. It is a nightmare. Right now, I have Vista, Office, X-Box (well a destroyed X-Box), Visual Studio, and I even bought a crappy Zune. That's all going out the window.

Here's the detail:

http://digg.com/offbeat_news/The_gre...ort_story_EVER

Welcome to the mac!
  • Reply 2 of 6
    thanks

I've been looking over the mac boards trying to get some knowledge before I start spending. I've been so in the MS for the past 10 years, I don't know the first thing about where mac is now. The info here is great.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Why did you destroy the x box with a hammer?

Don't you know they self destruct on their own?

Welcome to AI.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by backtomac View Post

Why did you destroy the x box with a hammer?

Don't you know they self destruct on their own?

Welcome to AI.

Hehe, it was broken already
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Good thing that link was in that quote. I got quite the chuckle out of that. I especially loved the canned responses of 'we take our customer suggestions seriously" and all that bs. Classic.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TechniCT View Post

I had to deal with their customer support. It is a nightmare. Right now, I have Vista, Office, X-Box (well a destroyed X-Box), Visual Studio, and I even bought a crappy Zune. That's all going out the window.

Took the link off (some think it's rude) but the summary is I had an email chain with their customer support that pushed me over the edge.

Yup, you have got the ULTIMATE BLUE SCREEN-ESQUE OF DEATH. Vista, Office, XBox, Zune... Wow, that's.... just horrible!!! Talk about three strikes... looks like it's four strikes ... YOU BOUGHT A ZUNE?

Welcome to the Mac. It may be a bit of a shock initially, but switching from Vista alone is much better. Mac + iPod should be enough to convince you that you've made the right decision.

Nonetheless, all the best and welcome!