6x4 photo scanner?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I'm looking for a small USB powered scanner for all my old 6x4 pre-digital photos, ideally with a sheet feeder (there's hundreds of them). - even something I could look for on eBay if they're no longer available new (I remember them from a few years ago).

thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    skyboltskybolt Posts: 111member
    I am using a Canon LiDE scanner with good results. The sheet-fed scanners work, but the one I had wanted to grab several photos at a time. The Canon will do "multi-scan", so, depending on size of the original, I can scan up to 6 photos at one time. This one is USB driven. Good luck!
  • Reply 2 of 4
    jasonfjjasonfj Posts: 567member
    I've got an A4 flatbed scanner, but I'm hoping to find something more automated - I have a LOT of photos! What was the one you had?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    skyboltskybolt Posts: 111member
    We had a Brother AIO that worked pretty well. However, I could only put about 8 photos in it at a time, or it would pull multiple photos at once, and then I'd have to look at the file to see what got missed, and re-do them. Much quicker and easier to do 4-6 on the flatbed. At least then I know what I've got!
  • Reply 4 of 4
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    It's not an auto feed, but look into Epson's scanners. Their software allows you to put multiple photos on the scanner bed, and each is scanned/saved separately (like skybolt's Canon). It saves me a lot of time, and may be a worthy compromise.