macbook refresh tomorrow? maybe?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
anyone think that Apple's gonna refresh their macbook/pro lineup with new specs? I'm not sure when the last refresh was, but I think it was a few months ago, so it doesn't seem likely. however, because Apple likes to surprise consumers by updating their products on such short notice like that, I'm holding off my purchase of a macbook just in case. your thoughts?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    buddhabuddha Posts: 386member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Padilla79 View Post

anyone think that Apple's gonna refresh their macbook/pro lineup with new specs? I'm not sure when the last refresh was, but I think it was a few months ago, so it doesn't seem likely. however, because Apple likes to surprise consumers by updating their products on such short notice like that, I'm holding off my purchase of a macbook just in case. your thoughts?

uh no chance.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    kareliakarelia Posts: 525member
    Probably no update on the portables, but I would hold off on buying ANYTHING from Apple until tomorrow, because, well, you never know.

*cough*intelcore2extremeinmacbookpro*cough*
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Karelia View Post

Probably no update on the portables, but I would hold off on buying ANYTHING from Apple until tomorrow, because, well, you never know.

*cough*intelcore2extremeinmacbookpro*cough*

the macbook black should have a real video card in it.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    saikosaiko Posts: 46member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Joe_the_dragon View Post

the macbook black should have a real video card in it.

I agree. I'm readying my old PB 12" for ebay, as I need to replace it for college at the end of this month. Once that sells, I'm ready to buy again.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    aryayusharyayush Posts: 191member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Padilla79

I'm holding off my purchase of a macbook

... for one day? Can't you just wait and see! You'll know it tomorrow.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aryayush View Post

... for one day? Can't you just wait and see! You'll know it tomorrow.

Well, I would've had a Macbook by now, but when I heard about the press event tomorrow, I decided I better not, just in case. It's a precautionary measure so that I'm not bummed out by a potentially new/better product.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    aryayusharyayush Posts: 191member
    Yeah, and that is, of course, the wise thing to do.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    benroethigbenroethig Posts: 2,782member
    The Last Macbook "update" was more or less a way to get rid of stockpiled motherboards and CPUs. An Santa Rosa refresh would not be out of the question in the near future.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    The Macbook will most likely be updated with Santa Rossa and maybe even get LED backlight as an option.