Apple quietly puts away Comic Life

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Not that is dying necessary, but I do notice no ComicLife on my iMac. What gives?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    They change their bundled programs sometimes.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Comic Life seemed to me like it would be used very little. I deleted the Big Bang board games as soon as I got my computer too. I wish Apple would include some apps that people actually need in every day life such as a basic image editing program that handles size adjustment and painting. I know Preview has some extra features in leopard like changing image size but it's still not a mini Photoshop.
  • Reply 3 of 13
  • Reply 4 of 13
    jake_11jake_11 Posts: 35member
    I've messed with Comic Book a few times, but never really did anything with it. It is on both my MacBooks so when I get my new iMac, I will be able to live. My old iMac included an encyclopedia from world book and Quicken that I miss on the newer computers.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

... I wish Apple would include some apps that people actually need in every day life such as a basic image editing program that handles size adjustment and painting. ...

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt. Apple includes GraphicConverter on many of its computers, certainly the ones that I have purchased.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. Me View Post

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt. Apple includes GraphicConverter on many of its computers, certainly the ones that I have purchased.

Yeah, that would be fine, I've never had that included with any of the Macs I've bought though.

I wish they would give you a choice as to what software you want bundled. Just have a panel full of checkboxes and have an option saying choose 4 packages or so from the selection.
  • Reply 7 of 13
    ishawnishawn Posts: 364member
    No GraphicsConverter here.
  • Reply 8 of 13
    ishawnishawn Posts: 364member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bobmarksdale View Post

Here ya go:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/77b245

Thanks!
  • Reply 9 of 13
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iShawn View Post

No GraphicsConverter here.

Download it then. It is a wonderful app.
  • Reply 10 of 13
    Quote:

Thanks!

Hmmm... When I installed leopard, it seems to have deleted comic life for some reason. And now that it has been so long, the sendspace link is gone. So someone that downloaded it from there, would you please re-upload it for me?
  • Reply 11 of 13
    I love Comic Life. I do some youth work and when we hold events, we have the tendency to take a lot of photos so for the evaluation, I tend to make a comic instead of opening Word and writing a boring blow-by-blow account of what happened. Goes down much better than a standard written report.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Yeah, I used Comic Life the first day I got my computer and not once afterwards.

Quote:

Thanks!

There's only room for one Shawn here, TYVM.

Kidding.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    Comic Life was never really good. Well. no, I'm lying. It was alright when it first came out and it was a brilliant idea...but then the developer sat on it for two years. Very little improvements to it outside a few bug fixes which never fixed some larger problems with the app. Also, some UI design choices that made very little sense.