Will apple cover my macbook?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
So i was just typing an email and I realized that the edge right where my right wrists (that really sharp part) is cracked and breaking off. Its only a real small piece, probably 2 inches long and 1/8th inch thick, but never the less it shouldn't have happened. I bought my macbook in NOV of 2006, and its black. Do you think they will cover this? The apple store knows me by name , mostly because I own Satin's MacBook. Any way i can ask them to exchange it for a lesser used white one? Logic Board has been replaced 3 times, HD 2 times, a stick of ram was bad, and the power button didnt work. Im really getting angry. Its not even a year old and has spent more then a month at the apple store after I bought it. Any advice?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Demand a new one. One or two broken parts is bad enough, but 8?!?!? Thats just ridiculous. I bet Ireland could give you some tips about complaining and being forceful about getting it replaced.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bobmarksdale View Post

Demand a new one. One or two broken parts is bad enough, but 8?!?!? Thats just ridiculous. I bet Ireland could give you some tips about complaining and being forceful about getting it replaced.

I just want a white one, for some reason im convinced they are more problem free. Also, why would my laptop restart its self every time I close the lid, and its on. Im getting real sick of it restarting, and booting to windows, windows then crashes because the lids closed and the fan runs a 6200 rpm while in my bag, draing my battery quite fast. Any ideas?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Anyone?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    pevepeve Posts: 518member
    call up apple and demand a new macbook.

stay calm on the phone and explain your story.

if the person says they can't do that, ask for his/her superior.

apple will exchange it same for same (a black macbook).

but trust me: we had more problems with the white macbooks